Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: sharapata ( )
Date: October 05, 2015 02:54PM

"As far as the new apostles being from Utah and white, yeah it might be in part to leave the experienced leaders to lead in their own countries (and also perhaps in other states?)- but also I believe it is scriptural that the work of missionary work to the world in the latter days is to be led by the tribe of Ephraim- and the apostleship should certainly count as being part of that leadership. So while I wouldn't mind seeing a Hispanic or some other race as an apostle either, I do not find their race shocking at all..."

-from a commenter at the ldschurchgrowth.blogspot.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: angela ( )
Date: October 05, 2015 02:55PM

what a stupid thing to say

Posted by: Darren Steers ( )
Date: October 05, 2015 03:04PM

angela Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> what a stupid thing to say

Can't really justify it away with a sane comment. There is no easy way out of the white and delightsome pickle.

Posted by: Doubting Thomas ( )
Date: October 05, 2015 03:14PM

"Left to the tribe of Ephraim" aka "white guys cleared by corporate.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2015 03:15PM by Doubting Thomas.

Posted by: weeder ( )
Date: October 05, 2015 03:35PM

... from their Utah stewardship .... cause Utard mormons are a dime a dozen -- if that.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: October 05, 2015 03:42PM

What about a Lamanite apostle? Seems like that would have happened long ago if the promises of God were true for Mormonism. It would have been amazing the earlier it happened. It would have jibed with The Book of Mormon. It would have made sense for the magic of Elohim.

It never happened.

Posted by: Phil MCCracken ( )
Date: October 05, 2015 04:01PM

Wait a minute, the 3 new guys are Jews?

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 05, 2015 05:05PM

In a college fraternity, when the members vote on whom to extend pledge invitations, one "no" vote is all it takes to black ball a guy.

Could the same policy exist in the quorum of apostles?

It would easily explain why no minority has ever been chosen.

Posted by: michaelm (not logged in) ( )
Date: October 05, 2015 05:09PM

It is what LDS members are taught.

“It is essential in this dispensation that Ephraim stand in his place at the head, exercising the birthright in Israel which was given to him by direct revelation. Therefore, Ephraim must be gathered first to prepare the way, through the gospel and the priesthood, for the rest of the tribes of Israel when the time comes for them to be gathered to Zion. The great majority of those who have come into the Church are Ephraimites. It is the exception to find one of any other tribe, unless it is of Manasseh."

“It is Ephraim, today, who holds the priesthood. It is with Ephraim that the Lord has made covenant and has revealed the fulness of the everlasting gospel. It is Ephraim who is building temples and performing the ordinances in them for both the living and for the dead. When the ‘lost tribes’ come—and it will be a most wonderful sight and a marvelous thing when they do come to Zion—in fulfilment of the promises made through Isaiah and Jeremiah, they will have to receive the crowning blessings from their brother Ephraim, the ‘firstborn’ in Israel”
https://www.lds.org/manual/doctrines-of-the-gospel-student-manual/chapter-24-the-scattering-and-the-gathering-of-israel?lang=eng

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: October 06, 2015 06:42PM

"they will have to receive the crowning blessings from their brother Ephraim"

They've had more than enough time.

Posted by: pathdocmd ( )
Date: October 06, 2015 09:31PM

michaelm (not logged in) Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It is what LDS members are taught.
>
> “It is Ephraim, today, who holds the priesthood.
> It is with Ephraim that the Lord has made covenant
> and has revealed the fulness of the everlasting
> gospel. It is Ephraim who is building temples and
> performing the ordinances in them for both the
> living and for the dead.

Genesis 41:50-52

50 Before the years of famine came, two sons were born to Joseph by Asenath daughter of Potiphera, priest of On.
51 Joseph named his firstborn Manasseh and said, “It is because God has made me forget all my trouble and all my father’s household.”
52 The second son he named Ephraim and said, “It is because God has made me fruitful in the land of my suffering.”

Posted by: Jersey Girl ( )
Date: October 05, 2015 05:19PM

Hey, my husband's name actually IS Ephraim! Can he take over the LDS church? Can he still drink craft beers, scotch, and Irish whiskey? if not, he doesn't want it no matter how much they beg.

Posted by: jonny ( )
Date: October 06, 2015 11:48PM

Is that you jaz? I would love it if it were. That would mean that they were on the way out.

My son's birthfathers name is Ephraim too, and he ain't white at all, and neither is his wife....

Lots of Ephraims.....I really don't like that particular name but it could be worse.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: October 05, 2015 05:27PM

Neither do I find their race shocking.

It's exactly what I expected.

Posted by: Villager ( )
Date: October 05, 2015 05:45PM

The older mormon members are more comfortable with pioneer stock leaders. They consider Uchdorf and Bednar foreigners. White skin but still foreigners.
If LDS Inc wants the oldsters to leave money to the church they better stick with the old white and delightsome program.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: October 05, 2015 07:39PM

There they go, pretending they're Jewish again.
Sigh.

They're not, you know...:)

Posted by: Historischer ( )
Date: October 06, 2015 07:28PM

I read a good comment somewhere, to the effect that the first Hispanic apostle would outshine the others in Mexico and South America. He'd develop a following of his own, possibly to the point where he'd start preaching his own doctrine or even start his own movement.

The last thing a collapsing church needs is its very own Pope Francis challenging the way things have always been done.

Posted by: Pied piper ( )
Date: October 06, 2015 11:15PM

Give me a fucking break! !!!

Posted by: poopstone ( )
Date: October 06, 2015 11:36PM

To take it one step further, BY use to preach the whole "pure ephramite" doctrine leading the church. Meaning Apostles can't even have an Lamanite ancestor anywhere going back in the generations.

BY also taught that if there is even one drop of African blood (meaning your ancestors back to Adam) your disqualified from priesthood (hence leadership).

Mormons are even more over the top (in certain ways with this doctrine) than the white supremacists and nazis. I read the other day that Hitler occasionally promoted Jews in his ranks (if they were of course deferential to Aryans). Hitler himself was part Jew.

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: October 06, 2015 11:50PM

Why take a chance on making Breedum Young roll over in his grave?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.