Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Idadocompassion ( )
Date: October 15, 2015 04:56PM

http://s15.postimg.org/u2dpeywuz/image.jpg

So what do you think prompted these changes? What changes will be made in the next change coming next year?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Doubting Thomas ( )
Date: October 15, 2015 05:03PM

Overweight consumers...

Posted by: cognitivedissonance ( )
Date: October 15, 2015 05:29PM

pull them off quicker.

Posted by: satans sister ( )
Date: October 15, 2015 09:20PM

What? They r still ugly!!!! So...beats me what prompted it. Except, women staying home n popping out babies need more flexible and comfortable waist bands.

Posted by: GodLedMeOut (nli) ( )
Date: October 15, 2015 09:31PM

I couldn't tell from the pic. So, are they making the low-rise waist an option?

Posted by: Idadocompassion ( )
Date: October 16, 2015 01:21AM

Yes but they won't come out until next year. Then changes to the top will be made.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 15, 2015 09:32PM

Sometimes you just can't figure ghawd out. That's the whole point to being 'mysterious.'

Posted by: thatsnotmyname ( )
Date: October 15, 2015 11:09PM

there was a survey done a short while ago asking members what they wanted to change. these changes were largely based on the survey. what was that prophet quote about garments not changing with the "whims" of fashion/times?....lol the church is constantly contradicting it's own doctrines/prophecies/policies - it's so laughable to me now.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: October 15, 2015 11:55PM

"Women's Bottom" ... Those don't look like any women's bottoms that I know and love! The Boner.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: October 16, 2015 12:17AM

Masters of incrementalism, aren't they?

Posted by: Doxi ( )
Date: October 16, 2015 12:22AM

Talk about butt-ugly!

Literally!

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: October 16, 2015 12:26AM

Based on what is written, it is for heftier women

Posted by: Ex-Sis ( )
Date: October 16, 2015 12:33AM

I expected to see Mormon prepper camouflage colors.

Garment marking Spanx? To go along with the new boob jobs? There's an LDS man shortage ladies, no more donuts or pizza!

Posted by: blueskyutah2 ( )
Date: October 16, 2015 02:01AM

follow the money... do they cost more? are they less costly to produce? will the women buy more pairs? will they buy them because they are different just to try them out?

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: October 16, 2015 05:52AM

Generally when you are talking about "eased fit through hips, seat, and legs" along with a "relaxed waistband," you are talking about accommodating women who are either larger, need more comfort, or both.

My question is, do garments really need to be larger and baggier than they already are?

The new low-rise waist seems to be a concession to modern ideas of dressing. It would also give greater comfort to many women.

Posted by: chickadee ( )
Date: October 16, 2015 07:46AM

If I still wore garments, I'd be pretty happy about the change.

Every time I ordered them (same style, size, fabric), they were different. My last time ordering garments, the waist on the bottoms was SO high that I actually measured from crotch to waistband. It was 17 inches. 17 INCHES PEOPLE!! That's like half a yard! That goes up to my armpits. No woman feels good in underpants that go up to her armpits.

So when you start off your day feeling like a frump in a full-body sausage casing, it affects how you feel the rest of the day.

I am so, so happy to not be wearing those things anymore!

Posted by: pokeyd25 ( )
Date: October 16, 2015 09:04AM

YES! I'm a tall person, but very lean and the stupid garment bottoms went all the way up to my boobs!! I couldn't believe the measurement was so off. I assumed I was the problem, it never occurred to me that the church would make a bad product. I was so brain washed. I just rolled the waist band down a million times, so I ended up with a really thick roll around my waist. Even still, the crotch usually drooped, and bunched. It was so uncomfortable, I can't believe I used to suffer through wearing those. It all seems so ridiculous and controlling to me now

Posted by: chickadee ( )
Date: October 16, 2015 12:39PM

I always rolled the waist too! Then I felt guilty for "altering the garment" or not wearing them correctly.

Now I can't even believe I wasted any time feeling guilty about rolling my underwear down so I could be more comfortable. I can't believe I was worried about what God would think about how I wore my underwear waistband.

Posted by: Phazer ( )
Date: October 16, 2015 01:53PM

Anyone women specifically change into sexy lingerie prior to having their temple recommend interview with the bishop AND answer YES to wearing garments day and night and watch the unfazed bishop move on to the next question?

Perhpas some clever ladies here knew discernment was bullshit and plainly put it to the test.

Posted by: lue ( )
Date: October 16, 2015 01:59PM

Phazer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Anyone women specifically change into sexy
> lingerie prior to having their temple recommend
> interview with the bishop AND answer YES to
> wearing garments day and night and watch the
> unfazed bishop move on to the next question?
>
> Perhpas some clever ladies here knew discernment
> was bullshit and plainly put it to the test

I wish I had not resigned already only to have fun like this! And to have the courage to stand up and walk out of a temple session when Qued to:)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2015 01:59PM by lue.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: October 17, 2015 02:18AM

They are a bit pricey, but so much prettier and more comfortable!

Posted by: Ex-Sis ( )
Date: October 17, 2015 03:30AM

I don't know how you all wore them either. I can't stand anything but a high cut leg/thin seamless micro-fiber, and can't imagine how claustrophobic garments must be. You should receive a medal or something.

Sausage casing, scuba suit... misery. All it took was seeing my mother wearing them. My retinas were never the same.

@@
____

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: October 17, 2015 01:09PM

When they get rid of them completely they will be doing something important. Otherwise, all they are doing is putting lipstick on a pig.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.