Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: pollythinks ( )
Date: October 17, 2015 09:06PM

To speak, or not to speak, that is the question...

My form of inactivity goes as follows: I don't answer what isn't asked. And, in my case, no one has asked (including my very kind faithful visiting teacher, who skirts around any mention of what makes her uncomfortable).

For church members, my sudden disappearance from among the faithful attenders, if spoken of at all, is among themselves.

For a couple of my family members, they know I had a falling-out with certain high church leaders due to my independent speaking in public on "forbidden" subjects (i.e., anything different than what the church teaches). A couple of these appear to not want to know more, as they don't want their boat rocked (a very big decision for most to make.)

So be it.

Let God be my judge (and I am sure He won't judge me harshly for not swallowing made-up stories and lies, and instead, speaking the truth).

To me, lies told in the name of God is a far worse sin, than my speaking the truth to those who ask.

Besides (FYI), J.Smith said it was OK to philosophy, so long as one didn't claim that what they said was what the church teaches.
(A big difference from speaking for one's self.)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Mr Inactive ( )
Date: October 17, 2015 10:40PM

For many ExMos being forgotten is bliss.

Posted by: Queen of the Foyer ( )
Date: October 17, 2015 11:09PM

"Let God be my judge (and I am sure He won't judge me harshly for not swallowing made-up stories and lies, and instead, speaking the truth)."

Why would God judge you harshly for not believing made-up stories and lies?

If anything you've done well, 'good and faithful servant', for discerning the truth in the midst of a den of lying wolves.

That would be my version of your commentary.
:)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.