Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Justin ( )
Date: October 19, 2015 01:26PM

I briefly read parts of that book on my mission. It seemed its main message was that God had put the gospel among white people because they were the ones most ready for God's message rather than the dark races. Am I remembering that wrong?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Mr. Inactive ( )
Date: October 19, 2015 07:26PM

I'm unsure about the book "The Challenge" in reference to your question, but judging from this comment it would not be far off.

"I want to talk to you a little bit now about something that is not missionary work, and what I say is NOT to be given to your investigators [potential converts] by any matter of means.... Why is it that you are white and not colored?.. God is not unjust to cause a righteous spirit to be born as a cursed member of the black race."

LDS European Mission president, Alvin R. Dyer, "For What Purpose?," Missionary Conference in Oslo, Norway, March 18, 1961, printed in The Negro in Mormon Theology, pp. 48-58

http://mormonthink.com/QUOTES/blacks.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.