Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: pamelapotrey ( )
Date: October 28, 2015 01:44AM

I am sure they'll help , and then they'll BRAG about it all over the church news and all over GC.

I have absolutely NO issues or problems with the morg helping out other countries.........I have a hard time with'em bragging about it all over hell n' gone, but members here in the states have to beg for help & told no a lot of the time. ( My husband absolutely refuses to EVER ask for help . We haven't been to church in 5 or 6 years .)

When the church brags over the pulpit at GC how they helped people , I always think "What ever happened to 'don't let your right hand know what your left hand is doing ' " ?

Just sayin'. I would prefer to see our money ( Yes , I said OUR money ) , go to helping disaster strickin' countries than building shopping malls !

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: templeendumbed ( )
Date: October 28, 2015 01:45AM

I'm sure they will send boxes of clothing from DI that they would not have been able to sell in the stores because they are in tatters. They will claim a shocking amount of tonnage of aid sent to help. This seems to be their MO.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: October 28, 2015 06:30AM

The morg doesn't seem to be able to save itself these days. With the exodus of people leaving it, its days are numbered.

Reform being like charity, and begins at home, it isn't doing anything really remarkable to save its own arse. There is no seer stone lucid enough to do that.

As for those DI clothes being in tatters, I didn't realize sending rags to other countries was the way it claimed it is helping disaster struck areas. That's gotta suck for those poor people on the receiving end.

Posted by: pamelapotrey ( )
Date: October 28, 2015 08:33AM

+1

Posted by: michaelm (not logged in) ( )
Date: October 28, 2015 06:47PM

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: October 28, 2015 11:08AM

It can't even help itself.

It will keep its head buried in the sand so it doesn't see/ know what's going on.

All it cares about is itself. It is full on itself and has no room to grow.

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: October 28, 2015 12:23PM

The only way they would help is if they have missionaries in the areas that were hardest hit by the earthquake, as they could have them wear those yellow t-shirts to advertise themselves as helping. It's even better if they can get media covering those missionaries helping in disaster relief efforts. In my opinion, the organization only cares about missionaries more than anything since it seems that they're quick to announce that all missionaries are accounted for.

Posted by: Cruella Verville ( )
Date: October 28, 2015 06:44PM

They will send $5 in aid and write up their own backslapping article to use as a missionary tool. Need to keep the investment dollars flowing. What a great scam. Investors pump money into the organization with no expectation of any returns (well maybe in some never to be seen afterlife). Mr. Ponzi was really off the mark. If he had started a religion instead, he would have made even more money and no one would have been pointing fingers at him.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.