Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Well Endowed ( )
Date: October 30, 2015 10:02PM

On now. Must see tv

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: jonny ( )
Date: October 30, 2015 10:37PM
l

it's on here in the modor so gonna watch it long as I don't fall asleep:) also, the news station here in Utah has been advertising an interview they did with the scientology church here in slc, after the 2020 airs. it will be interesting to see what they have to say

Posted by: Well Endowed ( )
Date: October 30, 2015 11:01PM

Wow. Wow. If leaving TSCC even closely resembles what she went thru I have newfound respect for y'all

Posted by: Mr. Inactive ( )
Date: October 31, 2015 01:46AM

Great program! I'm watching it too. Many similarities between what happens to people leaving Scientology and LDS Inc.

Posted by: MexMom ( )
Date: October 31, 2015 02:19AM

I thought also that there are many similarities in leaving Mormonism. I think she is very brave being a public figure and the possible repercussions to herself and her family. I admire Leah and am so happy for her that her mother and sister and husband were on board to leave as well. Being raised in the Mormon cult, I think many of us here can relate to her story. I'm very interested in reading her book, Troublemaker.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: November 01, 2015 01:02AM

Interesting program. I didn't know that she was briefly in the Sea Org as a youth. What really struck me were the "nasty notes" (reports) that members were supposed to write about their fellow members who break rules. Leah said that she wrote numerous notes about her husband and that Katie Holmes Cruise once wrote one about her (KH has since been very conciliatory towards Leah, according to the program.) It reminded me of Mormon church members who gossip among themselves and tattle to the bishop.

The CoS is trying very hard to discredit Leah and take her down. I would think an organization that had nothing to hide would display more generosity of spirit.

The interviewer made a funny point that by saying all of the nasty things about Leah, the CoS is admitting that their own program is ineffective!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2015 01:04AM by summer.

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: November 01, 2015 01:43AM

Link?

Posted by: pdoffexmormonnsi ( )
Date: November 01, 2015 04:23AM

It was reading about scientology and watching Jason Beghe's interview that brought my shelf crashing down in one night. I guess I had always put my fingers in my ears and gone "lalalala" whenever anyone mentioned the word "cult" but reading about scientology gave me the arms length option to recognise the exact same hallmarks in COJOLDS. Scientology and the church are blood brothers.

Posted by: shannon ( )
Date: November 01, 2015 09:36AM

Just watched it online this morning. Riveting. So many similarities to Mormonism.

;o)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.