Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: claire ( )
Date: November 07, 2015 08:49PM

Is any one who's still in going to church tomorrow? I am curious if anything will be said about all this and if there will be empty pews. From the looks of my FB page, they'll all still be there, bowing their heads and saying yes.

Aside:
I had a friend who used to go and text me all the stupidity during the meetings. It was quite entertaining.
(Now his entire family is out, praise the flying spaghetti monster!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2015 08:50PM by claire.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: November 07, 2015 09:01PM

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: November 07, 2015 09:10PM

There is going to be a new division in the LDS Church ranks: the true blue, testimony bearing (to the grave) Mormons will adhere and testify to the truthfulness of the clarification of their policy as from the Lord and will claim it is an act of love. (This is happening now.)

Then there will be those that find it completely unacceptable, the last straw and will immediately, or in due time, let their feet do their talking and resign their membership.
Anyone sitting on the fence, hanging on for any variety of reasons that cannot abide this policy will likely see this as the last straw.

The line will be drawn clearly in the next testimony meeting, I betcha! Testimonies will praise the inspiration of the prophet and apostles! Everyone else will sit quietly and either accept it or reject it.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: November 07, 2015 09:16PM

I agree with you, Susie. TBMs are rationalizing and doubling-down. Fence sitters and those with cracks in their testimonies are either questioning or outright bailing.

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: November 07, 2015 09:14PM

"From the looks of my FB page, they'll all still be there, bowing their heads and saying yes."

thank heaven I don't have to be in a room with that many idiots. If I had to, I'd slash my wrists. Poor you.

Posted by: spiritist ( )
Date: November 07, 2015 09:38PM

Some of my grandkids will be in 'primary' programs tomorrow. So, I will be there in 2 different ward Sac. meetings.

I look forward to hearing any announcements or any reactions.

Posted by: antilehinephi ( )
Date: November 07, 2015 09:40PM

Keep us posted. My guess is that no one will say a word about the recent unpleasantness.

Posted by: southern idaho inactive ( )
Date: November 07, 2015 10:10PM

I'll be going with my TBM dad tomorrow. Unless he doesn't feel like going. Although I doubt we'll hear anything about it...for a few weeks!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.