Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: rodolfo ( )
Date: November 13, 2015 03:53PM

“On Thursday evening, Bro John Higbee . . . . and Bishop Klingensmith, of Ceder City, came to our camp with two or three wagons and number of [the Brethren] all well armed. I can remember the following as a portion of those who came to take part in the work of death which was so soon to follow, viz: [19 Mormon names listed]... I know that our total force was fifty-four and three hundred Indians. As soon as these gathered around the camp I demanded of Brother Higbee what orders he had brought. Brother Higbee reported as follows:

‘It is the orders that the emigrants be put out of the way. Ceder City Stake President Issac Haight has counseled with Bishop William Dame, and has orders from him to put the emigrants to death; none who is old enough to talk is to be spared....’

“The [Brethren] now knelt down in a prayer circle and prayed, invoking the Spirit of God to direct them how to act in the matter.

After prayer Brother Higbee said: ‘Here are the orders,’ and handed me a paper from President Haight.... Brother Higbee was then to give the order: ‘Do your duty to God!’

WHAT HAS TO HAPPEN BEFORE GOOD PEOPLE ARE WILLING TO THINK AND QUESTION THE COMMANDS OF SO-CALLED MEN OF GOD?

http://1857massacre.com/index.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.