Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: November 16, 2015 03:43PM

"You're like an ex-smoker who just can't live and let live." said Never Mo Mom, who raised us Mormon, despite the fact she never bought into it, because of the sexism and racism, yet they didn't bother coming up with a better alternative, so they just defaulted to the religion our family inherited.

I'm the bad guy for making it clear that I was born into the most racist, misogynist, homophobic, abusive CULT on the planet?

You have got to be kidding me.

Not at all. There is no church with scriptures as racist as Mormonism. There is no other church that sponsors hate legislation like PropH8, like the Mormon church did. there is no other church that denies children with same sex parents the right to be baptized or even blessed in the church.
There is no other church that treats women like possessions, like breed stock, 2nd class citizen's, like Mormons do.
There is no other church that's as abusive as Mormonism.

What about the Catholics.

Uh, they don't have scriptures that say God cursed two different races with dark skin because they are descendants of wicked people. Mormons do. Catholics don't sing praises of a child rapist and a guy who claimed his follower's wives as his own. There's a good reason the Mormon cult is a haven for sexual predators, because they have no problem singing the praises of a guy they know had sex with teenage girls and other men's wives. If you can overlook that, overlooking child abuse is nothing and it happened to my entire scout troop.

It happens in the Catholic church too.

So that excuses evil, because other institutions are evil too?

I didn't say that.

Yeah, but that's the argument you're using. Why do you suppose Mormons in our family who've been abused choose to remain silent about their abuse?

Because they're afraid of losing their families over it.

Right, and that alone is horrible. If an abuse victim has choose between the love of their Mother and speaking up, that inflicts a whole other level of abuse upon them, and allows the abusers to walk free. That's evil. That's why I speak up. To embolden those who are too afraid to do so. To let them know that we're not all cowards who are too afraid to say something, when they see something or know something. Silence is what enables the abuse to continue.

Yeah but you're offending Mormons by doing it.

I'm a offended by Mormons fielding the world's largest army of cult brainwashers every day to go out and lie to people about Joseph's Myth so that they can be exploited too.

Yeah, but you were a missionary once.

I know, because I didn't know. In 40 years as a Mormon, nobody bothered saying jack squat to me about any of Joseph's other wives, besides Emma. They kept it hidden, really well. Had I known, I never would have wasted a second on Mormonism or promoting it. It's evil.

You could have done the research yourself.

I didn't have access to the records until the internet came along. Then I did my own research. How the hell was I supposed to know before, if nobody said anything. Now they come out after 170 years of lying about it and admit it, only because the internet revealed it first.

So what if your kids want to be Mormon. Do you just think it's your way or the highway?

No. I just don't believe I have any obligation to remain silent when there are 90,000 missionaries out there every day trying to convince my kids that they ought to emulate a sexual predator and sing his praises and I hope they recognize that's not a healthy thing to do. I hope they would choose a world view that's not nearly as sexist, racist, homophobic and abusive as the one we inherited.

WTF is with people giving cover to this abusive Doomsday Sex CULT? Honestly I think it's Mormons complaining to my Mom about the posts I post of FB about the Doomsday Sex CULT we were unfortunately born into.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: matt ( )
Date: November 16, 2015 03:51PM

So, your mother knew it for what it is, a racist and sexist cult but ABANDONED her children to it?

"Mother, you have some explaining to do. "

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2015 03:52PM by matt.

Date: November 17, 2015 03:17AM

She would never use the word, "Cult" she's too GD polite.
I'm not.
I'm also not a hell of a lot of fun at Mormon gatherings either.
My jokes go over like lead balloons. haha

Posted by: StillAnon ( )
Date: November 16, 2015 04:05PM

Mormons (or mormon apologists) have no problem attacking others. However, when anyone else points out discrepancies or facts about their history,no matter how true, you're an "Anti".
Which mormon bigwig stated that either the BofM was either true, or it's all made up? Mormons can't handle the possibility that it may all me BS.

Posted by: poopstone ( )
Date: November 16, 2015 04:09PM

catholics certainly have a nasty history that's far worse than mormonism but I see your point, it isn't codified within Catholicism, it's not doctrinal. Mormonism's problems are codified and doctrinal. That's the trouble with being led by a prophet, especially one with an eye for the ladies, lol, there is way less wiggle room for error.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2015 04:10PM by poopstone.

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: November 16, 2015 04:11PM

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: November 16, 2015 04:19PM

Did not you know that MORmONS have exclusively reserved the right to offend others for themselves?

But do not feel too bad because just as much, MORmONS have exclusively reserved the right to be offended for themselves.
MORmONS complain, but they really LOVE to be offended, in the name of their MORmON religion, because MORmONS feel that is a sure sign that they are the very pillars of morality that prevent society from collapsing in an instant. Just ask them, they will tell you.

When MORmONS get done with their typical revisionist idiocy, you know -the stuff that lets them morph a PEREVERT CON MAN CRIMINAL PSYCHOPATH into a prophet of god, the highly offensive things that MORmONS say and do are not allowed to be considered as offensive. MORmONS know that non members and apostates just interpret the actions of LD$ Inc as offensive because non members and apostates are under the influence of Satan and they are enemies of (polygamy mandating Lower Head Lord MORmON) Jesus. As any person is not giving glowing reviews and praise and adoration to everything that LD$ Inc has done, then that person is obviously in the employ of Satan and they are extensively offending MORmONS who are the vanguards of morality and decency.

When MORmONS speak they are expressing the will of god and doing His work. When you speak, you are being offensive and doing the work of Satan, so MORmONS will insist that you stay quiet.

Welcome to the (one way) two way street of personal expression as allowed by THE (MORmON) church.

Posted by: excatholic ( )
Date: November 16, 2015 04:24PM

Mom, Mormons are allowed to use the "Unfriend" button, too.

Posted by: Ishii ( )
Date: November 16, 2015 04:28PM

So the rest of the planet is supposed to be okay with 80,000 missionaries canvasing neighborhoods and spending all day, every day trying to convert the planet but TBMs get upset by a few simple FB posts. Pot, meet kettle, is the only response that comes to mind.

Posted by: dogzilla ( )
Date: November 16, 2015 04:31PM

"That's so interesting, isn't it? When I see something that offends or bugs me on Facebook, I just hide that person from my feed so I don't have to fret about it. I wonder why other people don't choose that option?"

Posted by: sb ( )
Date: November 16, 2015 04:40PM

Maybe Mormons need to stop being so easily offended.

Posted by: Kismet ( )
Date: November 16, 2015 05:31PM

Exactly. I thought that their position was that being offended was a choice, anyway. To quote Mr. Bednar:

"However, it ultimately is impossible for another person to offend you or to offend me. Indeed, believing that another person offended us is fundamentally false. To be offended is a choice we make; it is not a condition inflicted or imposed upon us by someone or something else."

And from the same talk, "Please remember that you and I are agents endowed with moral agency, and we can choose not to be offended."

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2006/10/and-nothing-shall-offend-them?lang=eng

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: November 16, 2015 04:51PM

Their doctrines and practices *merit* valid criticism.
If that "offends" them, that's their problem.

Posted by: want2bx ( )
Date: November 16, 2015 05:45PM

Tell them that you say things only out of love for your Mormon family. Isn't that what Mormons say when they offend? It's all about love.

Posted by: lillium ( )
Date: November 16, 2015 06:33PM

I thought it was a sin for Mormons to be offended. Did they change that policy too?

Posted by: thingsithink ( )
Date: November 16, 2015 06:45PM

What? You? Offensive? ;)

Glad you raise hell with the brainless too.

Posted by: KiNeverMo ( )
Date: November 16, 2015 06:50PM

I don't know, wondering if your mom was afraid of the backlash of not raising you Mormon? Guess I'm just wondering if she's being / been motivated by fear from this church.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: November 16, 2015 07:20PM

My facebook advice: unfollow the prophet, unfollow the prophet...

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: November 17, 2015 03:17AM

Posted by: lovechild ( )
Date: November 16, 2015 07:24PM

There are many Mormons who, at some level, feel like they are walking along the edge of a cliff. So when people start to bang into them or push them, they tend to go into the kind of all-out panicked self defense mode as any other person whose "existence" is threatened.

The only true blue Mormons who feel safe are the ones have basically said: "F**k it. I am going to believe. I don't care what anybody says about any part of my religion. I will just simply not discuss my beliefs, or listen to anything that is critical or challenging." As far as these Mormons are concerned, all of the "Anti's" can just go somewhere far away, eat s**t and die.

Trying to talk to these Mormons about their church is a complete waste of time, energy and life.

For those who seem to take delight in banging their heads against that wall, bang away! But, it strikes me that you are pretty much in the same position as a horny toad who is trying to propose marriage to a dragon.

Posted by: shodanrob ( )
Date: November 16, 2015 07:30PM

Your whole scout troop was sexually abused or are you just megaventing?

Posted by: shodanrob ( )
Date: November 16, 2015 09:58PM

Holy shit

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2015 09:59PM by shodanrob.

Date: November 17, 2015 12:13AM

The Mormons I grew up with who were abused are now mostly ExMo's who are independently wealthy, thanks to LDS Inc, buying their silence.
The ones who are still Mormon, and were abuse victims, are not wealthy, because they chose to remain silent, for free, due to the fact they'd be disowned by their families if they spoke up.
It's a crime.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: November 16, 2015 07:49PM

Keep offending them.

Posted by: Exmoron ( )
Date: November 16, 2015 07:50PM

Totally agree...here's a quote by HCK that I was reminded of when reading your post:

"I think no more of taking another wife than I do of buying a cow." - Apostle Heber C. Kimball,

Posted by: imaworkinonit ( )
Date: November 17, 2015 02:38AM

Mormons get really hung up the 'offended' thing, and telling people not to offend, and not to get offended.

They need to learn how to have an open, honest dialogue when there is conflict, instead of telling people to shut up or shut down any negative feelings they may have.

Posted by: Logan Temple Jr ( )
Date: November 17, 2015 03:51AM

Wait, I thought only apostate folk could be "offended"?

Posted by: Ladedah ( )
Date: November 17, 2015 05:27AM

Um mom, smoking is bad for you. So yes, I am like an ex-smoker, you are correct.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.