Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Keith Vaught ( )
Date: November 21, 2015 11:49AM

One of my favorite exmo experiences has been meeting escapees from my former TBM life. Two really stand out: (1) A guy I did part of my mission with. We shared the same house in Tandil, Argentina for a while. When we met again twenty-seven or so years later, he said that he started reading church history and lost his testimony out in the field; if I remember correctly, he ditched his garments and never looked back as soon as he returned to the U.S. (2) one of my favorite professors from YBU left TSCC. We reconnected years later on FB and we caught up in person in SLC. He started his road out as a result of opposition to the church's hunting preserves.

It's also a pleasure to make the acquaintance of so many exmos IRL. I was quite thrilled to meet a relative (same last name) on this board, Jerry the Aspousetate and his wife, Cheryl. Around exmo conference time, it's been great to share some dinners together in O Town.

It's a small world after all...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2015 12:25PM by Keith Vaught.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Keith Vaught ( )
Date: November 21, 2015 12:22PM

One of my dear exmo friends likes to sail on the Great Salt Lake. I've enjoyed many times out being out in the open beauty of the lake. The south arm of the actual lake is nothing like Farmington Bay, which area so many folks in Davis County associate with the lake.

As I was leaving TSCC, getting out into nature was my safety valve and the great outdoors became my place of respite and solace. The same year I started to doubt, I discovered digital photography and began to frequent a particular state park, only fourteen miles, give or take, from my house. If you recognize my name, KSL used to use my pics a lot on their weather segment; ironically, I was an exmo for most of that time.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2015 12:24PM by Keith Vaught.

Posted by: Trails end ( )
Date: November 21, 2015 03:25PM

Being offended has great value at times...ive been able to maintain a good friendship with a devout mo by claiming offense...he keeps hoping ill see the error of my ways and return to active duty...ummm...nope...i guess our friendship may still face the storm of the whole reason i remain inactive...funny how even the best of friendships could fall casualty to the misguided blather and hoopla of a horndog conman

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: November 21, 2015 05:43PM

It's fun to remember the good times we've enjoyed with you.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.