Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: goldenrule ( )
Date: March 23, 2011 05:00PM

I would say in my area, growth. 2 new temples - Gilbert and Phoenix. My ward just had to switch buildings to accommodate a new ward. But Mesa is a highly concentrated LDS area. I think a lot of the growth is due to the BIC and their growing families. I can't even remember the last time I even heard about a convert baptism around here.

BUT, I came across an interesting thread the other day on FB...

"Just found out yesterday that my mission (Georgia Macon Mission) has been dissolved and is no longer. I guess the good die young. RIP GMM."

Responses:

#
Yeah, I just heard the entire Parramatta Australia Stake was closed a couple of weeks ago. I have a friend that served there for part of his mission. When I lived in MI they dissolved my ward and merged it with another.
March 14 at 10:20am · LikeUnlike
#
Mine too! RIP Chicago North, got eaten up by the South. I feel so displaced.
March 14 at 10:01pm · LikeUnlike
#
mine too, porto portugal
March 15 at 5:00pm · Like

Looks like a bunch of missions are shutting down all over.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: March 23, 2011 08:39PM

Very interesting and mostly good news. Hope they all break apart in a few yrs. time. Hope those of us who are people who analyze things can impart some knowledge to our grandkids once they are old enough to think about religion as they will need to. I actually look forward to imparting some knowledge with my grandson once that day comes....enough to make him THINK - which his own DAD isn't doing. My daughter is Mormon but breaks a lot of rules. Hope she can find a way out before grandson is totally brainwashed by his "Church". She has no idea how her own child will be made to feel guilty about everything. She was not raised that way.

Posted by: Lucky ( )
Date: March 23, 2011 09:16PM

You have teen age girls who dye their hair & want to get breast implants, teen agers who want the latest cell phone, & worhsip the latest TV teen idol, these are not kids who are going to pay tribure money to the old money grubbing MORmON whore, and why should they? MOdern technology has given all of them a chance to have a hand held device that will do more than Joes BS seer stone ever could have. THe death of LDS inc cant come soon enough!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.