Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: 64monkey ( )
Date: November 27, 2015 09:39PM

So how do these employees in the LDS members and records department reading resignation letter after resignation letter not start to question their faith. Is it because it's a steady paycheck and they just look upon it as a job with out allowing themselves to get personally involved.

Or maybe it's old couple missionaries that are so TBM it has no effect.

I also wonder if they even bother to read the body of the letter and just get the name and other vital statistics in the first few sentences and move on.

I don't know about the rest of you that have resigned but I had a few things to say, but that was after I already stated my intentions with my membership number etc.

Just wondering.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: glassrose ( )
Date: November 27, 2015 09:43PM

I used the form letter: just my name and birth date and the city I live in.

I would have had a ton to say, but I realized that they probably really don't care and then neither did I. :)

Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: November 27, 2015 11:34PM

I said my peace, but your post made me think that maybe we need to change our tactic.

Put the vital information in the middle or at the end of the letter at least causing the reader to at least scan the letter once or twice.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: November 27, 2015 11:10PM

They hire non members to transcribe the vital information.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: November 27, 2015 11:20PM

Ad seen in the Deseret News last week:

Wanted: Clerical Worker II, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

The Church is seeking qualified Clerical Workers to fill a number of newly-created positions. These positions will be tasked with updating rapidly-changing church membership records.

Qualified candidates will be able to type 80 WPM or more, be familiar with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word), and be generally competent using computers.

Candidates must be members of the church in good standing, and have an extremely strong testimony of the truthfulness of the church. They must accept the word of the church's prophet and leaders, and must not have paid any attention to church policy changes or comment on them on social media or the press for the past 5 years (at least). They must not have any gay family members, in immediate or extended family; any gay friends or acquaintances; or any sympathy whatsoever for anyone who is gay or cares about someone who is gay. They must consider gay people to be evil apostates whose offspring (biological or adopted) are literally the spawn of satan.

Full-time job with benefits for qualified candidates. Apply in person at the Church Office Building in Salt Lake City. Please bring a valid temple recommend, mention the position being applied for, and ask to see Elder Jeffrey R. Holland.

<grin>

Posted by: KiNeverMo ( )
Date: November 28, 2015 01:29AM

Lolol

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: November 28, 2015 12:01AM

I'd love to have a candid chat with Greg Dodge. He's either deluded to the max or scared stiff of losing his pension.

Posted by: KiNeverMo ( )
Date: November 28, 2015 01:29AM

If Mormons are like Christian Fundamentalists, I assume they just see it as confirmation of what Jesus supposedly said, that many would fall away, etc. This could strengthen their conviction that they are following the correct path. :/

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: November 28, 2015 02:34AM

I don't see any jobs for taking care of the resignations. But I do see these jobs....The CULT is hiring (CULT owned are hiring!)

If you are awesome, we want you!
The Joseph Smith Memorial Building | Salt Lake City, UT | Posted Nov 27, 2015
No experience needed. Part-time jobs at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building and the Lion House many are $9.00 to $10.00 an hour. Banquet Servers, entry-level cooks, entry-level bakers, dishwashers more...
Save This Job »

Nauvoo Cafe $9.00 an hour
Nauvoo Cafe | Salt Lake City, UT | Posted Nov 27, 2015
Join the fun environment at the Nauvoo Café, located next to Historic Temple Square! Various shifts available. The person must have a pleasing manner and attitude, an outgoing and energetic perso more...
Save This Job »

Late Night Dishwasher ($10.00 an hour in December)
The Joseph Smith Memorial Building | Salt Lake City, UT | Posted Nov 27, 2015
Be part of a friendly team doing the very important work of dishwashing at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. This person will work various evening shifts Monday through Saturday. Probably 2 or 3 more...
Save This Job »

The Lion House Pantry $9.00 an hour
The Lion House Pantry | Salt Lake City, UT | Posted Nov 27, 2015
Be part of a great and friendly team working at the historic Lion House in Downtown Salt Lake City. No experience is necessary for this job. We are looking for people who have bubbly, pleasing, out more...
Save This Job »

Content Marketing Internship (Winter 2016)
Deseret Book Company | Salt Lake City, UT | Posted Nov 27, 2015
Work Location Corporate Office - 57 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City, UT 84101 Position Description Do you want to work on projects that make a positive difference in the world? Are you looking for more...
Save This Job »

Editing and Production Internship (Winter 2016)
Deseret Book Company | Salt Lake City, UT | Posted Nov 27, 2015
Work Location Corporate Office - 57 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City, UT 84101 Position Description Observe, learn, and participate as you follow the publishing process of a book--from first edits t more...
Save This Job »

General Retail Store Sales Associate Positions
Deseret Book Company | UT, USA | Posted Nov 27, 2015
Deseret Book retail store locations accept employment applications on an ongoing basis. If you would like to apply for a retail store position that is not listed on our website, please complete thi more...
Save This Job »

Store Sales Associate - University Village
Deseret Book Company | Orem, UT | Posted Nov 27, 2015
Starting Date Immediately Store University Village Where 1076 S 750 EOrem, UT 84097Type Part Time, 15-25 hours per week Description - Exhibit exceptional, world-class sales and customer service more...
Save This Job »

Store Sales Associate - Gilbert
Deseret Book Company | Gilbert, AZ | Posted Nov 27, 2015
Starting Date Immediately Store Gilbert, AZ Where 2894 S San Tan Village ParkwayGilbert, AZ 85204Type Seasonal Description - Exhibit exceptional, world-class sales and customer service skills b more...
Save This Job »

Receiving Clerk - Orem Parkway
Deseret Book Company | Orem, UT | Posted Nov 27, 2015
Starting Date Immediately Store Orem Parkway Where 230 E University ParkwayOrem, UT 84058Type Part TimeDescription - Approximately 25 hours per week - Pack and ship - Receive and verify merchandi more...
Save This Job »

Food Storeroom Clerk
Joseph Smith Memorial Building | Salt Lake City, UT | Posted Nov 26, 2015
Part-time position, 15-20 hours per week. usually 12:00 Noon to 6:00 PM. Receives and stores food. Computer input and paperwork. Various days, Monday through Saturdays. Able to move 70 pounds, mus more...
Save This Job »

Entry Level Banquet Cook
The Joseph Smith Memorial Building | Salt Lake City, UT | Posted Nov 26, 2015
Be part of a great team that prepares food for the Banquet Department. This is a part-time position, working various days Monday through Saturday, 25 to 28 hours per week at the Joseph Smith Memor more...
Save This Job »

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.