Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: southern idaho inactive ( )
Date: November 29, 2015 02:03PM

Wouldn't that increase attendance? Or does morg leadership prefer music numbers done by piano or the organ only!??? Mostly music numbers it seems are by the piano.

Just a thought.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: the1v ( )
Date: November 29, 2015 02:09PM

Good uplifting music in the morman religion is only classical. Anything else detracts from the spirit of oppression/depression that is desirable for maximum social control.

Posted by: topped ( )
Date: November 29, 2015 04:25PM

Posted by: seekyr ( )
Date: November 29, 2015 04:28PM

I attended a church service once, can't remember what church it was, where they played the radio before services. THAT was strange.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: November 29, 2015 05:08PM

It might increase attendance. Then more people might be sucked into staying in/believing in the cult. That's not a good thing.

Leave them their boring, stuffy, structured meetings. They're good for getting people out.

Posted by: Calico ( )
Date: November 29, 2015 11:26PM

you mean upbeat, uplifting music? That would make it better for the congregation and could help with 'feeling' the spirit.

But unfortunately no. The powers that be WANT it to be boring old hymns. Ultimate control. I have heard that they no longer allow even preludes using classical music , and do not allow other instruments except the piano or organ anymore.

When I was young, people did sometimes perform songs in church that were not hymns, but totally appropriate. And the most beautiful music I would experience, was when someone would occasionally play a classic piece, or even a hymn on their trumpet.

It is sad how rigid this church has become. About everything.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.