Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: December 01, 2015 07:53AM

I have lots of TBM relatives and friends that like and share the professional pieces the LDS church produces for Facebook. I may get the same promotional piece about how wonderful the liar Hinkley was or how uplifting buying over priced cartoon movies about the bom are. But none of my TBM relatives or friends seem to be capable of posting their own original thoughts or ideas.

I am so tired of seeing on Facebook posts about get your free copy of the wonderful life of Liar Hinkley or purchase in living color the cartoons of Mormon beliefs. Bring to life all the fictional characters you believe in.

Do your TBM relatives and friends post original thoughts or just like and share the PR crap produced by the Cult of Lies and Guilt?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2015 12:35PM by themaster.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: December 01, 2015 08:59AM

Mormonism stomps out any attempts at original thought. I know. I tried, over and over. Finally I got fed up. Most of us on this site have similar stories. Mormonism is leader worship.

Posted by: CTRringturnsmyfingergreen ( )
Date: December 01, 2015 09:16AM

Perhaps you could post some of Hinkley's nonsense (which is well documented and absolutely true) to show what a moron he is. For example:

"A growing church, a church that is spreading across the earth in these complex times, needs constant revelation from the throne of heaven to guide it and move it forward. With prayer and anxious seeking of the will of the Lord, we testify that direction is received, that revelation comes, and that the Lord blesses His Church as it moves on its path of destiny."
- The Prophet Gordon B. Hinckley, “The Great Things Which God Has Revealed,” Liahona, May 2005, 80–83

Contrasted with this contradictory statement:

uring an CNN interview after the 9/11 terrorist attacks, Larry King asked Hinckley if God could have prevented the attacks:

KING: President Hinckley, though, couldn't He (God) have prevented this?

HINCKLEY: Oh, I suppose so. I believe He's all powerful, yes. I don't know His will. I don't know how He operates.

The goofy bastard says God gives constant revelation to the prophet, but that he (Hinkley) doesn't know his will. Huh?

You could do this in regards to any subject they post about.

Nobody can say this is "anti" as it came from his mouth in a public setting and shows what a moron he is (was).

Posted by: snowball ( )
Date: December 01, 2015 05:28PM

These things are annoying, and an interesting contrast between the family and friends from my Mormon days, and more recent friends. I wonder what the TBMs hope to achieve through these posts.

Do they really think their apostate friends and relatives will come back? That their non-Mormon friends will "feel the spirit" er...heart sell, and seek out the missionaries?

Most of these "professional pieces" are trying to hard. They are a ghastly combination of slick and sappy.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.