Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: December 02, 2015 12:28AM

I had been cleaning years of accumulated stuff out of closets for a good part of the afternoon, and had a pretty sizable ache starting up in my back. I was very much looking forward to sitting down, putting my feet up, and enjoying yesterday's leftovers in front of the TV. And the doorbell rang.

A group of shiny-toothed Mormons were on our porch, complete with a plateful of home-made cookies. (We don't NEED them. DH is diabetic.) They graced us with a couple of carols. I was scraping my weary brain for the lyrics to the old English "Boar's Head" carol, which I think has at least a reference or two to mead in it, but I couldn't remember it.

DH was very sweet and gracious. I managed to show my teeth in what I hoped would pass for a smile, all the while thinking of washing down some Excedrin with a belt of Glenfidditch.

Nothing like Mormon carolers to really put a person in the holiday spirit. Hell's bells, we haven't even finished up the Thanksgiving turkey yet. Grrr. . .

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: the1v ( )
Date: December 02, 2015 12:35AM

A super soaker will get rid of those pesky nuisances.

Filled with some cheap whiskey of course.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: December 02, 2015 07:22AM

Perhaps this is the only time this will happen for you this season.

I'd be tempted to say sorry I'm dead on my feet, please excuse me, then leave them outside.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.