Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: December 03, 2015 09:12PM

Would you as a TBM?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: December 03, 2015 09:19PM

Only if he was drunk and had some brass plates.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2015 09:20PM by CrispingPin.

Posted by: Exmo Aspie ( )
Date: December 04, 2015 11:04AM

I love it

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: December 03, 2015 09:40PM

Fuck no....

RB

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: December 03, 2015 09:44PM

The TBMs in JSs and BYs time certainly did so I would say many would do it now too.
Blood atonement is not a joke. It is real blood being spilled on the ground so YES TBMs will kill if asked to by the slimy profit who is after all following Lucifer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2015 10:46PM by verilyverily.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: December 03, 2015 09:52PM

No, I content myself to just "kicking against the pricks!" The Boner.

Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: December 03, 2015 09:57PM

I believe the cult could raise an army overnight of white shirted thugs that would love to kill because God wanted them to kill those that were not righteous enough.

Think of the honor future Mormons could talk about in fast & Testimony meeting about their ancestor who was a member of Monson's Army fighting and killing gays in defense of marriage. The lord gave him strength to shoot homosexuals in the ass with his pee shooter.

I have TBM relatives that I believe would feel like it would be an honor to kill for God.

So sad. But true.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: December 03, 2015 10:44PM

I wouldn't even wear the underwear, and I'm pretty sure that's a long way from murder. Although those skivvies do look like murder.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: December 04, 2015 12:34AM

I'd do it.

If the prophet says God wants it done then it's God's will.

Even if the prophet doesn't come out and say it, I'd still do
it. I mean it's not good if you have to be "commanded" in all
things.

You have to read between the lines.

http://dilbert.com/strip/2015-11-06

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2015 12:46AM by baura.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: December 04, 2015 12:36AM

Unfortunately, I think some fanatical TBM's would!

Posted by: poopstone ( )
Date: December 04, 2015 01:59AM

for me and my house... he** no!

Posted by: William Law ( )
Date: December 04, 2015 02:06AM

This is a good question for LDS Freedom Forum.

Posted by: Breeze ( )
Date: December 04, 2015 02:26AM

LOL--well, I had several BYU guys ask me if the Prophet said that single Mormons should have sex, if I would have sex with them.

Same answer: No one can force me to do what I don't want to do. That's why I left the cult.

Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: December 04, 2015 08:45AM

No, because two things would happen: (1) I would be caught, and (2) the "prophet" would absolutely deny ever having said such a thing.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: December 04, 2015 09:03AM

Danites, Lillian Boggs, the MMM.

Yes, Virginia, Mormons will kill when directed to, + uncounted numbers when they're making it up/Not directed to.

Posted by: tenaciousd ( )
Date: December 04, 2015 09:05AM

I might kill The Prophet if God told me it was His will.

Posted by: baneberry ( )
Date: December 04, 2015 09:17AM

Group think is a powerful thing when coupled with blind "faith".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydHRESPjBxg

Posted by: Myron Donnerbalken ( )
Date: December 04, 2015 10:05AM

If the prophet told me that god wanted me to kill him? Sure.

Posted by: fortheloveofhops ( )
Date: December 04, 2015 10:09AM

Well, TBM's already sort of participate in "killing" others of sorts. If they really believe their own theology, their policies of excluding certain people from saving ordinances result in a sort of spiritual death for those people.

I know some probably justify it by thinking that those souls could just go to the telestial or terrestrial kingdoms. But when I was a kid in church, we were taught that being separated from God would be the WORST thing possible. Like a spiritual death. And God only dwells in the celestial kingdom, so...

So in a sense TBMs already participate in killing others because their prophet says it's gods will.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: December 04, 2015 10:39AM

I did kill for the MORmON PRofit and his church. I killed the person who was supposed to be me for years, one day at a time in the interest of being a MORmON instead of being me. My MORmON parents and MORmON Leaders lead the way. Thanks, MORmONS!!!

Posted by: Exmo Aspie ( )
Date: December 04, 2015 10:41AM

ALLAHU JOSEPH SMITH!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: pamelapotrey ( )
Date: December 04, 2015 10:41AM

Nope , Nope , Nope !

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: December 04, 2015 10:43AM

No. I would seek immediate psychiatric help or try to find out who spiked my drink.

Posted by: Elder What's-his-face ( )
Date: December 04, 2015 10:59AM

Oh hell yes! But only if DCP is made profit! Oh yeah, I'd do anything for him.

Uh, waitaminnit...Hell no, definitely not if it was a mormon prophet! Those guys have never heard the voice of the Lord. And furthermore, if the Lord himself told me to kill, I would go directly to the local emergency room.

Posted by: Elder What's-his-face ( )
Date: December 04, 2015 11:40AM

Killing in the name of God is just plain evil. If it's true that God so loved the world, etc.,etc. then it only stands to reason that prophets prey upon the belief of their followers to carry out the desires of that prophet's heart.

This is what the prophets,seers and revelators of Utah were doing when they killed the Fancher Part, The Aiken Party, The Gunnison Massacre and preaching Blood Atonement. Memebers of the church committed heinous acts because they were zealous for the Lord's servant and because they were evil at the core of their own hearts. But it is also because they knew they would be killed if they refused.

Not just the mormons of course. Killing other people in the name of God is a time honored tradition, being killed in the name of the Lord a sacrament guaranteeing a place at the highest. It makes me sick.

One of the main reasons I am not a mormon anymore is due to the fact that familiy and other mormons whom I loved were so quick to defend and justify the murderous actions of the early church. To me that simply says everything you need to know. Nobody cares about what is right or wrong, as long as they are found on the right side the priesthood leadership.

Date: December 04, 2015 05:01PM

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Steven_Weinberg

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: December 04, 2015 04:54PM

My TBM ex-husband admitted that he would gladly kill if the prophet ordered him to do so. Let's just say that the comment he made was helpful in my getting a restraining order against him after I filed for divorce.

Date: December 04, 2015 10:37PM

I am not saying that your ex did not deserve to have a PO against him. But, I do want to ask you how it was documented/ certified that his having said that, or was it?

In my experience, PO hearings can very quickly trail off into pure absurdity and the PO is often granted anyway. AND, IF that was not bad enough, there are the instances when a PO should be granted and it is not.

I am going to give some examples.

A woman in New Mexico successfully obtained a protective order against David Letterman, who she had NEVER actually met in person. And it is questionable that Letterman had ever even been to the state of New Mexico. The woman had merely seen Letterman on TV, and for whatever reason decided that his behavior was irritating, to the extent that she felt threatened. That was all the required for the PO to be granted.

I had an ongoing conversation with my good friend where we repeatedly concluded that life sucks enough/ so much that dying is way too good for many of the people that we dislike or that are otherwise a blight on the human race, and that making them live everyday of their miserable agonizing lives is a far better punishment for them than them being let off of the hook by their dying. (My ex wife is now definitely in that category, I would pay to see that her miserable swinish life is as long as possible and even extended, especially since I got a real divorce
-the kind where I really do not have anything more to do with her, including no longer seeing the children that we had together because she is so dishonest, deceitful, destructive, distasteful and disgusting that even leaving that avenue of possible indirect contact open just is not worth it). So, with that background, when my nut case ex wife to be got pissed off at me for filing for divorce, she asked for PO as revenge. She actually cited the previously mentioned conversation as grounds for the PO and some other stuff that was just pure stupid, stuff that was so dumb that the judge should have told her out right that she should not be wasting time of the court. Stuff like her claims that I had beaten up my parents at various times. My parents beat my rear end like crazy as I was growing up whether I deserved it or not, but I never raised a hand to them. My parents might be vicious, but they are NOT liars ( they have MORmON church leaders for that) and they stated the truth. That I had never hit either one of them. That accusation coming from the same woman who was pissed off at me because I refused to beat up her father after she accused him of raping her as a teen age. I never considered it, because I knew what a liar my wife was by then, and just as much I knew it would be used against me even as she was demanding that I do it. Given how stupid that the courts really are, as I would shortly find out, Miraculously, she did not get the PO.

So then, later on in court, she got a totally whacked out mentally ill misandrist DCFS case worker to do a hatchet job on me. The case worker asked for a protective order against me because she claimed that my teen age daughter was afraid of me because I had slapped my teen age daughter. The fact is that I had slapped my teen age daughter, AFTER she got mad at me and slapped me FIRST (for changing the channels on the TV set) which SHOULD indicate that she had very little fear of me. Best of all, those details were included in the written accounts/ reports that my (former) wife and my (former) daughter had written up at the request of DCFS case worker, so the incident from several years earlier could be used against me more presently. They were not that concerned about the event back then, but when the time came to vilify the divorcing male parent, suddenly this particular isolated event was very important. The judge totally discounted the fact that my daughter had slapped me first as an indication that the daughter did not really have any fear of me. Then I was given a stern lecture from the judge about how a parent has to refrain from such reactions. The judge was obviously a master of such restraint, which so fully entitled her to give such lectures, I could tell by the way that she lashed out at me. Here is the point on this deal: If I had some do overs, here is where I would like to use some of them. I am really sorry that I slapped my daughter, and IF I had to do it over again, I would not do it. It would have been so much better to just walk away from her ...... and everything else right at that point. I really should have let my (former) daughter and my (former) wife do what ever they wanted to with out the slightest interference from me. I should have walked away after my daughter slapped me. Then, in the next couple of weeks, I should have quietly moved most of my stuff out of the house. Then I would have just disappeared. What a pleasant thought that is, so much nicer than having to try and cope with a nut case wife and her unruly children. But once I start down that road, it only makes me wish I had gotten divorced much much MUCH sooner -like before I got married. And it only makes the other insanely stupid judge's insanely stupid instructions that I should not proceed with the divorce even more vicious, cruel, stupid and abusive.

So the judge gave my daughter a protective order. Ironically, the protective order had just been given to the one person in our house that unquestionably was the most active hitter/ batterer in the residence BY FAR. Here is another do over relative to this situation. Looking back, I really wish that I had taken the opportunity to do this. I get the fact that I am a vile disgusting human being. My (former) church has made sure that I was well aware of that my entire life. Then the MORmON judges jumped on the band wagon, so it must be true. As well, I am not very smart, in fact, I am really dumb. That being the case, as well as the judge being such a master of self control and being so keen on self restraint, I really should have insisted that the judge personally demonstrate the restraint that she was talking about to me, so I could get a better grasp of just exactly how that works and be more like her. It would have worked out really well because my daughter, the new recipient of the new protective order, was present right there in the court room readily available to slap that judge right across the face. Then the judge could personally demonstrate the restraint that she was so keen on. There is no doubt that such a demonstration would be a very powerful example for me, as a powerful learning tool. However, I am really not very bright, so the judge might have to repeatedly do this demonstration for me, like 2 or 3 dozen times, so that I could catch on to what she was really getting at and eventually be somewhere as good on self restraint as she was.

Being the insufferable ass that I am, I had filed an appeal with DCFS over the matter ( even as my lame ass dead wood POS attorney let the opportunity pass) that challenged the findings of the case worker that the judge had used as a premise for issuing the PO. My point was that any child that is hitting one of their parents can not really be in fear of that parent. DCFS admin agreed with me, but It took a year for them to process the appeal. By then, insurmountable damage had already been done to me by the faulty work of the case worker.

I went through three attorneys that all failed in getting rid of the protective order, but do not worry, all of them got paid !!!!! (Generally speaking, attorneys are mostly worthless blood sucking POS.) After several years, I finally took up the cause (represented) myself and crushed my ex wife's professional counsel in court. I have been infinitely more effective in court than any of the attorneys that I have had (who FAILED to) represent me. I am also proud to say that I have a PERMANENT restraining order against my ex wife even as her Protective Order against me has been done away with due to my efforts.
I *ONLY* had to be arrested and jailed on falsified charges four times in order for that to happen. ........and most people are thinking that divorce is actually legal in Utah. Anybody still wondering why I have no relationship with my former children?

One friend of mine had done some internet dating. One deal went bad very fast. Her former boyfriend sent her an email saying that he should kill her. She still had the email on her phone. She was concerned. She did not have a car. She called me and asked me to drive her to the court house to get a protective order. There were a lot of things that I could have said given my personal experiences, but I decided to hold back my personal biases and just respect her request for a ride and give the system a chance to do its job. I took her to the court house. She made the application. She was turned down even though she still had the threatening message on her phone as documentation. They said that since they had never been married, never co habitated, never had children there was nothing that they could do.
I had never threatened to kill anyone, and I got buried by the system because I was a parent and a husband. Do not worry, I have both of those conditions /problems eliminated.

After all that has happened to me, Every time that I see one of those billboards put up by the state that says "take the time to be a father" or "fathers matter", I do not know whether to laugh or to puke. Every time that I hear some one start up with how the sanctity of Marriage must be preserved, I think that person should be forced to the ground and have a cow heavily defecate right into their face and their wide open mouth, just so crap can go in the opposite direction for a change.

Posted by: danboyle ( )
Date: December 04, 2015 04:57PM

before SWK was profit, killing because the profit said so would have been optional, and only if you really wanted to. SWK changed all that, and every worthy young man must...

Posted by: desertman ( )
Date: December 04, 2015 05:11PM

absolutely,unhesitating,surely, and irrevocably Nooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.