Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: December 19, 2015 01:09PM

Last night I spotted the mishies riding their trusty bicycles at a major and extremely dangerous intersection. They were about 3-4 ft out in the road from the safety of the sidewalk. A car making a right turn didn't see them and nearly hit one of them. Neither of them was watching from their backside. After the near miss, they pedaled with traffic to cross the street; oblivious to how close one of them came to being hit and flipped.

If I related this to a TBM, then he/she would swear that the church is obviously true and that was personal revelation to get my sorry butt back into the fold.

Ha ha ha.
I would never go back.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2015 01:10PM by messygoop.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: formermollymormon ( )
Date: December 19, 2015 01:46PM

Everything to a TBM is a miracle. I was chuckling to myself last night when I could not find my cell phone because it made me think how a TBM would pray about finding it. Once they found it their prayer had been answered and they would say how powerful prayer is. Darn it if I didn't find my cell phone without saying any prayers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2015 01:47PM by formermollymormon.

Posted by: lovechild ( )
Date: December 19, 2015 02:03PM

That is why I keep a landline. When I lose my cell, I use the landline to call the cell and then follow my ears. More expensive than prayer, but also more effective.

Wait a minute, wait a minute... I just remembered: The prayer thing only works when you're paying your 10%

So the landline is not only more effective, it is much, much cheaper.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.