Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: poopstone ( )
Date: December 29, 2015 02:37PM

So I don't know if any "intellectuals" have posted this yet, but historian Dr. Quinn's book Mormon Hierarchy, Wealth and Corporate power is scheduled to be released.

I look forward to reading it.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1/188-0261046-6483225?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=mormon+hierarchy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/29/2015 02:38PM by poopstone.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: December 29, 2015 05:03PM

Wonderful!

Posted by: Doubting Thomas ( )
Date: December 29, 2015 06:38PM

Just bought it on pre-order. I'm looking forward to STUDYING this book. You don't read a Quinn book–you study it.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: December 30, 2015 01:17AM

So... Are there people in the COB having hissy fits?

They have until June to plan on how to counter whatever inconvenient truths the book contains.

Posted by: poopstone ( )
Date: December 30, 2015 02:06AM

Very true. When quinn did the other books back in the 90's I remember how upset the COB was at the time. His same sex dynamics book was way more than what any of us were aware of. But when he did the post manifesto stuff in Sunstone that's about when he got disciplined.

There are afterall three enemies of the Church "the gays, the feminists, and the intellectuals."

Posted by: oldklunker ( )
Date: December 30, 2015 12:33PM

Additional enemies of TSCC: dead prophets, DNA, archeology, linqistics, BOA, polygamy, BOM, blacks and the priesthood and probably much more.

Date: December 30, 2015 08:12PM

Well the real enemy of Mormonism... Anyone with a brain who wants to use it to evaluate the leadership.

Posted by: weeder ( )
Date: December 30, 2015 03:07PM

... a well "paid ministry"???

If not -- yawn.

Posted by: Phazer ( )
Date: December 30, 2015 04:22PM

I'll wait for some reviews. Maybe see how much distribution of this book makes it outside of UT and amazon.

If it's in the book stores I might just read a few chapters. I'm only interested in the last 50 years. All of the businesses the church has owned, lost, and tried their hand at I've read from many sources.

Not sure why 2010 was the cutoff. Maybe documentation has been scarce but there have been plenty of land grabs by the church in the last 5 years that won't make it into this printed book.

I think the book will be more meaty from 1848 to 1930s then trail off with smaller chapters covering later years. Maybe pickup during the temple building and almost financial collapse and poor investments up to 2010.

Posted by: levantlurker ( )
Date: December 30, 2015 08:02PM

No Kindle addition :/

Date: December 30, 2015 08:13PM

I wish there were Kindle additions because the print of the last two volumes is VERY small.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.