Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: blueskyutah ( )
Date: March 23, 2011 11:41PM

Have you ever noticed that its vogue to not be a TV watcher... so somebody like that might say, "I was flippin' through the channels and caught this..." cuz they don't really watch TV.

Well Mormons have their quirks about where they are not suppose to go. One of them is the SL Tribune. So a high councilman once gave a talk and said, "Someone accidentally delivered the Trib into my Deseret News mailbox and I came across this article..."

So so lame... just admit that you read the Trib and watch TV.

So yeah, I do watch TV sometimes, probably more that most of you would ever admit. Sometimes its KBYU, Channel 11, and usually it's Little House on the Prarie. Ofcourse I quickly move the channel if conference comes on.

Anyway, I was "flippin' through the channels" the other day and found a program about mormons in Germany prior to WW II when Hitler was gaining power.

So a couple of teenage Mormons had a radio and were listening to the BBC learning about who Hitler really was and decided to print some anti-Hitler material. They passed it out, decided to translate to French, another story... Anyway, they got caught and the branch president excommunicated them.

I can't really stand the fact that he would do that. He was being glorified for "saving the rest of the flock". And after the war they "un-excommunicated" the teenagers who had been abused interrogated and finally shot.

Is it just "Mormons" or does everyone find it convenient to not stand for truth in order of their life spared and have tyrants prevail?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: quoth the raven nevermo ( )
Date: March 23, 2011 11:49PM

I don't recall any other religion advertising how they sold out their members for doing the right thing. Many members of many churches opposed Hiltlers regime but I don't remember that they were exed from their church when caught. Sounds like a Mormon sell out. Spineless whimps.

Posted by: Don Bagley ( )
Date: March 23, 2011 11:54PM

I have read that the Mormons in Germany were pro-Nazi in the 1930s as white supremacy was still important to LDS types.

Posted by: jon1 ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 10:53AM

Hi! I'm jon1, and I watch the hell out of my TV!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.