Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: midwest ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 10:47AM

I'm sure mormons prefer their adult friends be mormon and their children's friends be mormon as well...I'm thinking sleepovers, playdates and stuff.

Do/can mormons be close friends with never mo's? Is it frowned upon?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Truthseeker ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 10:52AM

TBMs have recently been counseled against sleepovers. Sleepovers with nevermo's must be especially dangerous.

My girls have more nevermo friends than TBM friends and that is exactly the way it should be b/c TBMs are VERY small percentage (0.000001%?) of the population in our area

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 10:53AM

They can be friends, but being too close tends to be a stretch for them.

Posted by: Craig Stevenson ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 11:26AM

When I was growing up it was a big no-no. In fact, growing up in Wyoming when I was in 5th grade my parents made me stop being friends with the boy I had been like brothers with since kindergarten because he wasn't a mormon and it almost broke my heart. I could not date girls who were not mormons, and I could not even go to parties at homes that were not of mormon families. I'm sure it is still frowned upon by the leadership simply because the church is a cult and they discourage any outside commingling. After all, you can't maintain control over the flock if they are out socializing with the enemy!!!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.