Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: RPackham ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 12:38PM

I got this today, a response to my comment on my webpage "How I became an atheist" that I am not afraid of death:

=======
To: <packham@teleport.com>
Subject: You're website.
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 10:02:03 -0600

Honestly, If I lived in the area I would find you and beat you senseless.
Not afraid of death my ass.
The deepest curse upon you for spreading lies, and more so for thinking it's truth.
Do not respond to this. I have read your bullshit and require no more atheist justifications.
================

I would guess this person is a follower of Jesus, or at least he thinks he is.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 12:40PM

I'm glad that he threatened you, but doesn't want you to respond.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 12:40PM

At least the dolt spelled Atheist correctly.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 09:14PM

He obviously had better things to do at age 10 than attend school.

Posted by: Holy Rower ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 12:41PM

He probably sees no conflict between his threats to you and his religious beliefs, either. Hypocrisy is like air to many "christians".

Posted by: Queen of Denial ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 12:43PM

Thanks "anonymous" for once again demonstrating the violent sub-nature of religion.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2011 12:43PM by Queen of Denial.

Posted by: charles, buddhist punk ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 12:47PM

Queen of Denial Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks "anonymous" for once again demonstrating
> the violent sub-nature of religion.

Christopher Hitchens was right, religion poisons everything!

Posted by: Helen ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 08:46PM

and Karl Marx was right "Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."

I think any religion ought to come with a warning: Religion may be hazardous to your health.

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 12:47PM

Posted by: goldenrule ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 05:13PM

+1

Seriously WTF?

Posted by: charles, buddhist punk ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 12:49PM

RPackham Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> From: "anonymous ."

> Honestly, If I lived in the area I would find you
> and beat you senseless.
> Not afraid of death my ass.
> The deepest curse upon you for spreading lies, and
> more so for thinking it's truth.
> Do not respond to this. I have read your bullshit
> and require no more atheist justifications.
> ================

I don't know which is funnier: their insistence on violence in this life, or their insistence on God's violence in the afterlife.

Looks like you touched a raw nerve with this dude. He may just be the kind of believer that IS afraid of death.

Posted by: Ex-CultMember ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 12:49PM

Wanting to give a beating to an ELDERLY man even! Sorry Richard :)

Its sad that people feel so threatened, even with IDEAS, that they want to resort to violence.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 01:24PM

Posted by: Major Bidamon ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 01:31PM

looks like he wants to throw the Holy Handgrenade at you...

"O LORD, bless this Thy hand grenade that with it Thou mayest blow Thine enemies to tiny bits, in Thy mercy."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_Hand_Grenade_of_Antioch

Posted by: B K Packer ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 01:51PM

What I meant to say is I wouldn't do this to you or your little factory.

My Danites would.

Posted by: maria ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 01:53PM

Posted by: Nina ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 01:57PM

Oh Richard!
I'm Christian and would never even think that way! I don't know why you think that person is Christian? You talked in a number of Churches, a TV Evangelist even quotes you extensively. I am truly sorry this has happened to you! I know how it feels to be attacked for ones stand. I ave been attacked for being Christian by Mormons for refusing to adhere to their particular beliefs anymore and have been belittled and critizised by ex-mormons for being Christian. It hurts! But with your site I'm sure you get an earful. Can't have a picnic w/o the ants.
Again, I'm sorry for this email. But you've been there and know the 'cult think'

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 02:04PM

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 02:23PM

..."The thing that I live for is being in heaven and watching you get sent to outer darkness and seeing you look back at us wishing you had stuck with the truth when you had it."

All I can say is, "really? You have the truth that should make you so happy and you can't come up with anything better to live for than that? Doesn't say much for your "truth" does it?" I just laugh thinking about them getting a hardon over the excitement of thinking they'll get to see me thrown in the lions den. First of all, the chances that any of us will be anywhere after this life is slim to none. Secondly, people like that, people who are hateful and repulsive and intolerable and vile are all going to be in heaven? And I'm going to wish I could be there for eternity with those people?

Yeah. ok. whatever. But I guess you have to have something like that to dwell on to endure to the end in your insufferable mormon life.

Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 02:26PM

That's kind of how I feel too. Who would honestly want to spend an eternity with most of the religious fundamentalists running around? It'd be like the Crusades and Inquisitions all the time forever.

I'll take Outer Darkness, Hell, and/or dissolution any day, thanks anyway.

;)

Posted by: get her done ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 05:08PM

That message is against the law.....it is actionable in all states. Probally a felony....Probally a Danite want to be.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2011 05:09PM by get her done.

Posted by: Rockman ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 05:54PM

This guy would be all in favor of bringing back the Inquisition and witch burnings. And lets not forget Crusades.

Posted by: amos ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 06:03PM

In Mormonism it's the Korihor Complex...that is, people who deny the faith are liars and actually know it's true but deny it because it's pleasing to the carnal mind.

Speaking of carnally minded...

Posted by: flackerman ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 06:10PM

That is quite cruel and cowardly of him. I am sorry that you have to deal with that kind of response from people.

Posted by: fallenangela ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 06:26PM

I see the problem. He thinks you are a website.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 07:32PM

At lease that's been my observation.

That was a nasty hit and run. He/she is mean, vindictive, and cowardly.

Posted by: Mary ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 07:33PM

I actually mentally translated the guy's email (automatically) to something odder while reading the OP. I will now share my mental drivel with you, for I have that kind of time.

"Honestly, If I lived in the area I would find you and beat you senseless.
Not afraid of death my ass.
The deepest curse upon you for spreading lies, and more so for thinking it's truth.
Do not respond to this. I have read your bullshit and require no more atheist justifications."

Translated:

"It's a good thing that I live miles away and can say this through the safety of an internet connection. This will undoubtedly prove my maturity.
I myself fear death; and as any truly intelligent person knows, I personally speak for all of humanity. This makes your opinion invalid. You will respect my authoritah!
Because I am of much divine ability, I touch my fingers to my keyboard, and lo, I cast a Bestow Curse upon you. You will rue this day, for now you will have a –4 penalty on attack rolls, saves, ability checks, and skill checks.
Do not respond to this email. Mixing up 'your' and 'you're' in the Subject line has exhausted my faculties, rendering me mentally and emotionally incapable of being called on my ignorance-riddled baloney."

Date: March 24, 2011 07:36PM

Damn you!!!

Except that Richard can always cast "summon demon" and all of us would be more than ready to go and eat the emailer's soul.

Posted by: Mary ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 07:42PM

Hahaha! Well played, RaptorJesus. Well played. :)
I wish I had a comeback, but my D20 knowledge is shakier like a baby giraffe.

Date: March 24, 2011 08:17PM

I have never played D&D. My d20 knowledge all comes from the video games inspired by the d&d rules. Like "Baldur's Gate" "KOTR" and so forth.

But I love a good d20 joke.

Posted by: AmIDarkNow? ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 07:51PM

He may have spelled atheist right Richard but I bet doghairs to dumbnuts that he’s never read the definition.

Hilarious isn’t it!

I love some of the hate mail that R. Dawkins and C. Hitchens get in their inboxes. My favorite was hate mail from a Christian hoping Dawkins got hit by a Red Church bus. Laughed for a long time bout that one!

I guess this kind of hate mail makes you famous Richard.

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 08:07PM

I can never figure out why people like that would even be on your site. It's like total TBMs coming here. You wanna ask, "And just what are you doing here? Does your Bishop know?"

Posted by: NoToJoe ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 09:03PM

of how Jesus stumbled across a woman being stoned for having committed adultery and he said "He who is without belief should be stoned first!"

If I remember correctly (and btw I never really paid attention is Sunday school), Jesus then picked up a rock and threw it at Peters head and a cock crowed three times. The moral of the story was that you should BBQ the roster BEFORE tormenting and insulting the least of these, his unbelieving, children. Amen.

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 09:07PM

No, not a follower of Jesus. Jesus would not condone such talk.

Posted by: Freevolved ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 10:14PM

there is no way he could beat Packham up. I've seen videos of that dude, and it's like seeing a map of bicep city or something.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.