Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: January 12, 2016 08:05PM

I misunderstood the original post. It looked to me like the poster was talking about a 10,000 sq ft house ON .25 of an acre rather than .25 of an acre IS 10,000 sq ft. My mistake on reading it the first time.

That's why I couldn't figure out where that would be. There is a 10,000 sq ft house in Kentucky for $750,000 which would sell for perhaps $4 mil here.

And no, the reason my DH and I are moving is because everything here is seriously high priced. I think that perhaps one can buy a single wide used mobile home here for $250,000 but that is about it.

We have found a whole bunch of houses in Kentucky that are ridiculously inexpensive compared to what we are used to.

Anyone who knows anything about Kentucky, share your thoughts please; weather, culture, anything? Thanks!

I am looking forward to going to the Kentucky Derby!!!! :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2016 08:08PM by verilyverily.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: January 12, 2016 08:09PM

Dear verilyverily,

Randyj started a thread at 4:30 with you in mind, here is his post f.y.i. ;-)

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1753371

You two can meet in the middle. :D

I don't know much about Kentucky real estate. Where are you now by state? And what states are you considering moving to, or are you just scouting out places in the interim? :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2016 08:10PM by Amyjo.

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: January 28, 2016 11:04PM

I am in Colorado now which is in a seller's market for real estate. Right now, we are searching for a place where we can get a house about 2,000 or a bit less with a yard [doesn't have to be huge but needs to be shady] and a garage or shed [hubby is into tinkering and gardening] and a year round indoor in ground swimming pool, a dream I have had since I was 6 years old. We don't want so much snow as we have now [colorado has tons]. Don't get me wrong. Snow is pretty and I love the mountains etc. but shoveling snow is not real great for my hubby now since he is getting older and I worry about it. We are going to have over a foot next week. Even powder snow [which is light] gets to be too much when it is that deep.

Here is Colorado, this would be at least $1 mil. Our 2,100 sq ft home here will sell for about $650,000 now so we want to go no highter than $350,000 if possible [and still get what we want] and have a nice nest egg too. We are sick of being equity rich, cash poor.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.