Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ShakinMyHead ( )
Date: November 06, 2015 04:54AM

The recent announcement about the children of gay couples not being blessed or baptized, is just the typical MO for the LDS corp. Many of us are stuck in the church because we are afraid of losing our families, its not worth making waves if it means she'll take the kids and brand you as an evil apostate. Our parents coerced us into missions. And now, if you are gay, you have to worry about your child's eternal salvation. Its all about how many hooks they can get into you. You don't even have to believe, just stuck as a silent, tithe payer. Now, bow your head and say "yes."

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: lovechild ( )
Date: November 06, 2015 05:07AM

Yes, the 15 Master 'M' Men have finally done what I could never do.

My TBM wife who has been stacking a seemingly unbreakable shelf and doing the mental gymnastics and pooh-poohing the critics and telling me "we will understand it all later," was torqued way out of shape by this announcement.

The Dopey Old Bastards just pushed my gospel doctrine teaching, full tithing, relief society piano playing, temple attending DW right off the front pew and has her standing at the foyer doors.

Thank you, you miserable sons-of-bitches.

THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART!!

Posted by: ShakinMyHead ( )
Date: November 06, 2015 05:09AM

I am very happy for you and a little jealous. Make sure she has something to fill the "spiritual" void left by the church or she might just go rolling on back.

Posted by: idahobanana ( )
Date: January 31, 2016 11:43PM

Congrats. And I, too, am a little jealous. My ex, and my kids weren't even phased by the 'revelation'.

Doing a happy dance for you!

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: November 06, 2015 05:23AM

Stupid IS as Stupid DOES...

Posted by: axeldc ( )
Date: November 06, 2015 09:05AM

Remember that most gay Mormons were born in the church. Precious few ever joined on their own.

That means their parents are likely TBM. They may not approve of their marriages, but very few grandparents would reject their own grandkids just because of their parents.

This policy means that their grandchildren are condemned in the eyes of the church. I know quite a few TBMs who would be very hurt by such an attack on their own grandkids.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: November 06, 2015 09:28AM

It's eerily reminiscent of the racial ban on blacks holding the priesthood up until 1978.

The bigotry and hypocrisy within the church hierarchy is glaring.

Damn sons of bitches anyway. May they rot in hell.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: November 06, 2015 09:26AM

The faithfully blind have spoken.

The blindly faithful will concede.

The righteously indignant will get up and leave, if they have any gumption at all.

The notion that children of gay parents are less worthy to be baptized, saved, etc., or their parents with them is preposterous and bigoted on its face.

Another mark of the cult that is Mormonism.

Posted by: danr ( )
Date: November 06, 2015 09:38AM

Of course if your parents are polygamists this policy doesn't apply.

Posted by: Janny ( )
Date: January 31, 2016 11:19PM

I grew up Christian, and if you have a hole in your life, you can try one of the mainstream denominations. The Baptist church I have attended says: Lord of all: Jesus Christ, and then lists the pastors under Him. Sure is nice to feel the real Spirit, as opposed to that dead feeling at the LDS church.

Posted by: quinlansolo ( )
Date: February 01, 2016 01:05PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.