Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: shodanrob ( )
Date: February 01, 2016 07:11PM

I had forgotten, but my son reminded me last night that my step father had appointed my BiL the other side of the table opposite him, or the other head of table. This was due to him becoming bishop of his ward. I believe this is a permanent position since he was the first one in the family to have such a noble title.

It doesn't anger me, it makes me laugh. Dude, you're the bishop, you have the blessing of being the other head of the table........ Of course my step father is an ass too. My parents suspect my wife and I are done. But they also do stuff like to remind me and my younger brother that we have failed in their eyes. Idiots

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: desertman ( )
Date: February 01, 2016 08:18PM

Cow-tow
Slave species indicator

Posted by: Elijah Unabel ( )
Date: February 01, 2016 09:07PM

So, did anyone get booted from the spot to make room for bil, or was the spot vacant, just waiting for someone of sufficient righteousness to sit there? Either way, pretty pathetic to attribute any significance to seating at the table.

Posted by: shodanrob ( )
Date: February 01, 2016 09:10PM

I think my mom sat there. So she was shown her role and moved off to the side. Because you know...bishop.

Posted by: Hervey Willets ( )
Date: February 01, 2016 10:34PM

Because as usual, Mormons get it ass-end-up.

Historically, although the man is the head of the house, the wife is the head of the table. That is why she is served first, even when their are guests, and why the butler stands behind *her* chair awaiting orders. Have a dinner party, and put Stepdad and bil at a card table with paper plates and plastic cutlery.

Posted by: shortbobgirl ( )
Date: February 01, 2016 09:23PM

At my house Dad was at one end, brother at the other. Third left handed person at my Dad's end on his right. Thus everyone had an outside for their left arm. After Dad died it was the brother and the other lefty on the ends. Right hand people took any available side spot.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2016 09:23PM by shortbobgirl.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: February 01, 2016 10:13PM

"7 Now he told a parable to those who were invited, when he noticed how they chose the places of honor, saying to them, 8 “When you are invited by someone to a wedding feast, do not sit down in a place of honor, lest someone more distinguished than you be invited by him, 9 and he who invited you both will come and say to you, ‘Give your place to this person,’ and then you will begin with shame to take the lowest place. 10 But when you are invited, go and sit in the lowest place, so that when your host comes he may say to you, ‘Friend, move up higher.’ Then you will be honored in the presence of all who sit at table with you. 11 For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.”

Posted by: tomie ( )
Date: February 01, 2016 11:37PM

I felt the head of the table issue could be resolved by having a round dining room table.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.