Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: imaworkinonit ( )
Date: February 01, 2016 02:16PM

It's a snowy and windy day in Utah Valley.

And I'm sitting here in the silent house, watching the swirling snow with a cup of hot Tazo 'zen' green tea. My dog is breathing softly on the floor next to me, and it looks like he's dreaming about running :-).

Enjoying a hot cup of tea on a cold day is just one of the simple pleasures of life I'm grateful to enjoy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: the1v ( )
Date: February 01, 2016 02:31PM

Just sitting around enjoying the day is a sin.

Is your VT/HT done for the month? Have you done your geneology? Are you ready for your lessons at the end of the week? Do you have your food storage up? Why aren't you at the temple? Is your lesson ready for Sunday? Shouldn't you be reading good books? Is your house clean and orderly? Are you making good homemade food? Are you sewing your own clothes?

Tea is bad for you according to the wisdom of a 19th century pervert. Why are you drinking it?

If none of these questions cause any pangs of guilt, you are a mostly recovered exmormon. :-)

Posted by: imaworkinonit ( )
Date: February 01, 2016 02:50PM

Yes, all those things are DONE. As in, I'm done with them.

And I'm on my second cup of guilt-free tea. Apple cinnamon spice this time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2016 02:56PM by imaworkinonit.

Posted by: desertman ( )
Date: February 01, 2016 02:52PM

imaworkinonit
Ditto for central Arizona

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: February 01, 2016 02:55PM

A cup of hot herbal tea with a drop of honey in it. Yum....zzzzzzz

RB

Posted by: scaredhusband ( )
Date: February 01, 2016 02:57PM

I have to agree. I like having the hot beverage warm me from the inside out. On particular chilly days it is a wonderful way to relax.

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: February 01, 2016 03:02PM

I agree, there's nothing better on a cold day than to relax with a cup of hot tea. The nice thing about tea is that it's great no matter what the temperature of the tea is.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2016 03:02PM by adoylelb.

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: February 01, 2016 04:16PM

I used to say that about hot chocolate when I was active. Now I get that feeling of well being with another hot drink and without all that sugar.

Mornings with the newspaper, coffee and no church guilt is one of the best things that ever happened to me and it only took until my late 50's to achieve it!

Posted by: icedtea ( )
Date: February 01, 2016 05:02PM

Mmmm, yes. Love both those teas.
I'm lucky enough to get to work from home a couple days each week. It's lovely to sit with steaming tea and comfy lounge pants, watching snow fall while I work. Tea is wonderful.

Posted by: the1v ( )
Date: February 01, 2016 05:38PM

That sounds really lovely.

I'd like to work from home and my job allows for it but my wife claimed the office and won't let me in.

I installed hardwood floors in it, painted it a nice blue and sunny yellow, built floor to ceiling bookcases, installed a ceiling fan, and bought a nice big desk, file cabinet, and a comfy chair. The office also has a nice view of the large Koi pond in the backyard.

It's probably my favorite room in the house. I get to sit at the dining room table when I work from home.... As I warn other people about my wife... She might be little but she's mean.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2016 05:39PM by the1v.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: February 01, 2016 11:02PM

Japanese (green) Tea Ceremony

Posted by: cwm31s ( )
Date: February 01, 2016 11:32PM

Mmmm warm brewed tea in front of me at my desk. Take that you stupid cult church!!!!!

Posted by: tomie ( )
Date: February 01, 2016 11:34PM

Yes, hot tea is good on a cold night and ice tea is equally good on a hot summer day. Enjoy.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: February 06, 2016 07:26AM

When I was a Mormon, I went without tea for SEVENTEEN YEARS. I think I missed tea more than anything else.

Once I decided that the whole program was baloney, one of the first things I did was to kick back with a good book and a mug of Constant Comment tea - my favorite! Aaaaahhhhh!

Posted by: axeldc ( )
Date: February 06, 2016 10:02AM

How Mormons could ban tea is beyond me. It is the most popular drink in the world. It is cheap to make, incredibly healthy and incredibly versatile. Hot tea is a real treat on a winter morning. I love it with some milk and sugar. Iced tea is better for you than soda and great with dinner, especially Tex Mex. I must drink 3 cups of tea in some form every day. I already had some this morning.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.