Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: scaredhusband ( )
Date: February 08, 2016 01:55PM

I haven't had much luck finding a non lds marriage councilor here in the southern ut area. Any advice? Like a web councilor? If not I might have to grin and bear another meddler in my marriage, and another possibility of someone talking her into leaving me.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Farfromhere ( )
Date: February 08, 2016 03:36PM

St George area? Try Turning leaf Wellness Center. My ex and I ended up going to one the bishop recommended, I only relented because he offered to pay. I found the mo-marriage counselor we went to sided with the ex in assuming the reason I didn't want to have anything to do with the church and the reason our marriage was crappy was because I was "sinning".

Posted by: AmIDarkNow? ( )
Date: February 08, 2016 04:58PM

" If not I might have to grin and bear another meddler in my marriage,..."

If you value the marraiage and think it can be saved do not add another player to the "You can choose another good Priesthood holder" choir!

Stick to your guns. You need unbiased counseling. She gets re-indoctrinated more than once a week for hours at a time by a crowd of LDS parrots.

You at least deserve a tiny bit of objective support. So UT?

Good luck with an objective counselor in So UT. I have never heard of an honest LDS counselor. The one I had was horrible. He made it worse. We divorced and she initiated it. My only crime was leaving the church.

Posted by: dejavue ( )
Date: February 08, 2016 10:49PM

Try Antelope Springs Counseling in St. George. Great Counselor/therapist. Non LDS. Knows his stuff!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.