Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: February 08, 2016 06:36PM

Jesus was a reformer, a restorer, a revolutionary, and/or a rebel/rabble-rouser and yet came to die for us being such original sinners, carnal creatures, and/or fallen peoples. All of these depending upon your angle or in Smith's case your angel turned Jesus.

He should have not tried to "put old wine in new bottles" but just invented a new drink. Pharisees didn't matter if he was the whole world's God. Pharisees go with religion like God goes with Jesus.

The fact that the Q15 are reincarnation of Jesus' old enemies just shows how Jesus didn't do to change things much.

Where is the "word" that makes people want to do more than look towards heaven, eternity, and the end of the world?

Out of the mouths of Jesus or one of his many, many representatives it is just the same. That seems to be consistent. People making their rules tailored to whatever incarnation of a messiah you want without enlightenment. Worshiping the memory of a man who supposedly is still alive but never bothers to appear isn't the same as having some kind of knowledge which makes living people better intrinsically. After all, isn't the word with God?

Without knowledge all there is is mythology and megalomania. Tell a Mormon man he is now special and commissioned by Jesus seems not to make the man more Christlike. What it does for more than just the Mormons makes a person think that they have an inside track on "bringing people to Jesus" and the obvious way to do this non-violently is with rules just like Pharisees thought they were preserving the chosen people.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: February 08, 2016 07:35PM

I just don't get crap like this.

https://www.facebook.com/LDS/photos/a.333341641549.197242.18523396549/10153784915871550/?type=3&theater

My sister posted it.

I'm like, can someone give me a compelling reason to believe Jesus needed to forgive me in getting himself killed?

Does the reason not involve a man named Adam from 6K years ago?

Posted by: poopstone ( )
Date: February 09, 2016 06:10AM

that's a strange fake book post. the old grandma with a knife cutting up something (maybe her enemy?) and big grinning face.

with the caption "forgiveness"

I'm a little scared now...

Date: February 09, 2016 11:24AM

IKR?

I kept trying to place the picture in the context but it seemed so unrelated. Forgive your mom for being such a bitch because Christ forgave you both and oh, she makes the best potato salad.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: February 08, 2016 09:37PM

MORmONS will rush to tell you that the Jesus character got baptized even though he did not really need to because He was ultimately compliant, because they are dumb asses who do not know much of anything, but IF a person has the ability to apply any relevant contexts to the event, Jesus's very unofficial baptism was an act of rebellion and it was His way to jam both bird fingers directly into the face of the Jewish establishment. It would be like Bill Maher having Ed Decker baptize him in one of the fountains at City Creek Center and then blessing some bread as sacrament and handing it out on temple square as official approved MORmON sacrament. Try that and see how LDS Inc reacts.

OF course MORmONS will also tell others that Jesus was really a MORmON too.

The more that the Jesus Character and the NT context is examined, the more clear it becomes that MORmONS do not have a clue what they are talking about when it comes to Traditional Christianity.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.