Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: thatsnotmyname ( )
Date: February 08, 2016 11:01PM

On the PR website that starts with an m and ends with room, i discovered an article on "the Mormon worldview." To summarize, this article advises that this religion can best be understood by ignoring any controversies or theological debates and only focusing on what the main message of the religion is (the plan of salvation, basically) .... The problem with this for me is that since I've been a member and before that time as well, the church has always claimed it is the one true church and that everything hinges on the truthfulness of it's origins claims. So, to say that controversies with reported history or truth claims don't matter is to ask people to ignore the question of whether the church is true or not. It's very sleazy and totally misrepresents what the church has taught its members right up to this era - that the church is only true if it's leaders have been honest and speaking for God. This article offended me enough to post about it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: February 09, 2016 12:10AM

It posits that, in 1820, God himself again entered history. How can they sleep at night?

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: February 09, 2016 12:14AM

Good enough reason.

They're probably both tired of bothering ordinary local leaders with "truth" vs. TRUTH (claims vs. Reality) and, well, lying.

Some of the old guys are getting computers lately. Their children and their children's children are starting to wake them up (from their long overslept naps), simply by being themselves. The local leaders don't, because the hindquarters don't-can't think for themselves.

Everyone is cut off (in Mormonism) from reality/ Jesus Christ/ ascension/ Godhood/ eternal and unconditional love, unless they think, pray or simply masturbatory themselves out of the church and into the heavens of formonhood and everlasting joy and manifestation.

The trick is to leave it before it leaves you - if I ever had it I'd have to deny it. Why should a 'church' have tricks? Hoops? Bars? Ceilings? Superstitions and Stupid Stories of Satan, and unromantic Josephus Smith Horror Stories. Only a religion with a con as a leader can get away with trickery, promises and make-up non-past and changing history like this.

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: February 09, 2016 12:23AM

I went thru a couple of their articles, etc. Boy, they are definitely mainstreaming. For example, the video on the temple garment talked about their "sacraments" that, instead of "ordinances".

They are going thru a vocab shift, or have been.
Amazing

Posted by: zenjamin ( )
Date: February 09, 2016 12:36AM

Ignore history?

No stretch, considering corporation advises ignore life.
End product --> be a robot i.e. walking dead.

Oh, it's true!

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: February 09, 2016 12:48AM

(ever notice how stuck they so into numbers? and rankings? and "world's biggest" or "largest".....it's like they are always advertising in order to prove something....wait, they are. my bad)

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: February 09, 2016 03:21AM

Just remember, Mountain Meadows Massacre is so far in the past that people should forget about it!!!! However, Good MORmON members should NEVER forget about Haun's Mill ...... which happened before MMM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2SY9LZ4wh4

Posted by: lilburne ( )
Date: February 09, 2016 11:38AM

I think we should do this. I mean, we're making too much of a big thing out of the history thing anyway. Whilst we're at it, England is taking America back - i know this might be news to some of you because of the War of Independence and all, but come on, ignore the history the main message is one of Monarchy, look to the Queen and be good subjects.

The TSCC PR Team must be utter imbeciles to put stuff like this out.

That said, if this were chess, what kind of offence could they muster when most of their pieces have already fallen. It confirms our suspicions when they go down this road as if their position were robust, then we'd be seeing strong responses putting us all on the back foot, but that just aint happening.

The desperation is limited to 'stay in the boat' or 'doubt your doubts'. They have nothing, absolutely nothing and i suspect they know it.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.