Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: February 14, 2016 06:08PM

After everything that has been said and done over the last 20+ years, anyone who still believes in the CULT are complete MORONS, complete and total.

I give up completely on these folks and as far as I'm concerned, you've been duped and if you still believe you deserve to be duped. Have fun being blissfully happy as a MORON! That is why they call it happy valley. People who don't think [refuse to think] are happier than people with an actual IQ.

I give up on you ever having an IQ, I just give up.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: spiritist ( )
Date: February 14, 2016 06:20PM

That's why most people call them Mormons ------ just a politically correct word for Morons!

Origin of moron:

irregular from Greek mōros foolish, stupid

Notice 'foolish' is first here not stupid!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2016 11:38PM by spiritist.

Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: February 14, 2016 09:07PM

Are you saying mormonism is weirder than any of the beliefs you've professed yourself here on this site?

Pot, meet kettle. Kettle, this is pot.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2016 09:07PM by kolobian.

Date: February 14, 2016 10:56PM

"People" like you will never recognize total 'truth' even if you ran right into it.

Research my 'weird' beliefs (based on whatever Bizarro world you live in because 'weird' means unusual which my belief are not -----see that my beliefs are majority beliefs below) like you have Mormonism and show me how obviously wrong those beliefs are ---- just like you can disprove Mormonism.

Oh, but that would require time, effort, and thinking ----- a skill many of you 'angry, unbelievers' on this site would rather not bother with.

Yes I know exactly 'who' people like you are and 'how' you think and go through life ----- you should definitely not feel alone as long as you can 'run with the rfm pack'.

Oh, and by the way the majority of people in the world and even more in the US believe in my 'weird' beliefs (God and after life ---- all the rest of my beliefs bleed off these two if you noticed) compared to your 'non weird' beliefs. These facts makes your beliefs the 'weird beliefs' ------ sorry if this comes as a shock!

Like I say 'people' like you must live under rocks because the information is out there but you just don't seem to be able to recognize it.

I think that it is because of people like you is the reason I keep coming back to this site. I really get a kick out of some of the comments made here ----- but normally too busy to dialog. Thanks!

http://www.christianpost.com/news/global-poll-most-believe-in-god-afterlife-49994/

http://www.gallup.com/poll/147887/Americans-Continue-Believe-God.aspx

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2016 12:09AM by spiritist.

Date: February 15, 2016 01:06AM

How absolutely courageous of you to believe what everybody else believes. Bravo!

If most people believe it then it must be true, right? There's no logical fallacy there!

I'm just one of those silly unbelievers who the ghosts laugh at by not haunting me. The gods laugh by not revealing themselves to me. The faeries laugh by not living under my garden. The zombies don't chase me. The demons don't possess me. Spirits don't whisper vague nonsense about people's lives in my ears. Water faucets don't randomly turn on in my house. Dead relatives don't visit my dreams.

Instead of acknowledging that there's no empirical evidence for any of your beliefs, I should just jump on the bandwagon because hey, "most people" believe in some of this stuff?

I should have won many more converts on my mission had I employed that totally honest line of reasoning... :)

Edit: Seriously, spiritist. You've converted me. Now can you give us a demonstration of your super psychic powers? A teensy weensy little prophecy, perhaps? Can you maybe read my aura? Anything that can't possibly be explained by purely natural means?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2016 01:10AM by kolobian.

Date: February 15, 2016 01:13AM

Don't change the argument or try to skirt your total inability to communicate in English ----- You introduced the word 'weird beliefs' not me!

I have proven 'by evidence' you are wrong ----- go back under your rock!

I continue to be amazed at the 'moronic' comments that follow. Anyone with any skills in "reading and comprehending" the English language can clearly see that this argument was never about 'woo woo' stuff it was about someone who didn't adequately support his critique in clear, precise English so I took that as a possible 'teaching experience' ----- which I think he got and understands.

To continue to keep trying to change the argument to proving 'woo', or make blanket statements, are great tactics if you were dealing with someone who is stupid. Sorry, but no thanks.

PS To Felix ----- You need some help my brother. Seriously, jumping from telling me to refrain from 'name calling' then in your sentences before and after use terms such as 'idiots, delusional, and childish hope.

Shows you should not be arguing with anyone if you cannot keep a consistent, somewhat logical dialog. If you are really ok physically and mentally, just accept my statement that you are a person with 'moronic' comments as I described you above.

And as always, feel free to post any peer reviewed scientific literature to support that "my beliefs" are not 100% accurate. As of yet, unfortunately, we have yet to see that. Until then, "your beliefs" about 'my beliefs' hold about just as much weight as Mormonism.

Oh, this comment is left with my 'best intentions'. And by the way, I 'prove' this stuff to myself every week normally multiple times. However, its not possible to 'prove' this stuff to others unless one experiences it for themselves.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2016 08:34PM by spiritist.

Date: February 15, 2016 01:23AM

LOL!

That's good stuff, spiritist.

Your superior debating skills have vanquished me. I shall retire to the proverbial rock to study the mountains of evidence you've provided that gods and afterlives and ghosts and mediums and demons and faeries and chupacabras are all real.

I just hope Bigfoot doesn't find me on his endless search for a hiker with a working camera.

Posted by: InstructionalLOA ( )
Date: February 15, 2016 01:20AM

Spiritist, trying to mix in the common belief of there being a god or an afterlife in with your highly subjective, delusional, metaphysical beliefs is quite a bold move.

Not to even mention the fact that an appeal to the amount of people who may share your scientifically unsubstantiated belief means NOTHING as to its validity. Idiots, like sheep, flock together. The more there are does nothing to diminish the fact that they are idiots.

With that said, I do think you ought to refrain yourself from name calling to others as your "truth" is rooted purely in the childish hope and delusion that perhaps we are destined to some illusive eternal paradise after leaving this "hell", or that life is inherently looking out for us, always caring, ect.

Whatever helps you get to sleep at night, I guess. I do mean this message with the best of intentions. It's just shameful how arrogant and hypocritical some can become.

And as always, feel free to post any peer reviewed scientific literature to support your beliefs. As of yet, unfortunately, we have yet to see that. Until then, your beliefs hold about just as much weight as Mormonism.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: February 15, 2016 12:44PM

spiritist Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Research my 'weird' beliefs (based on whatever
> Bizarro world you live in because 'weird' means
> unusual which my belief are not -----see that my
> beliefs are majority beliefs below)

'Appeal to popularity' fallacy. "Majority" beliefs are no more likely to be true than minority beliefs. Evidence shows "beliefs" true or not -- not popularity. And "weird" is entirely subjective, not objective in any way.

> show me how obviously wrong those
> beliefs are ---- just like you can disprove
> Mormonism.
> Oh, but that would require time, effort, and
> thinking ----- a skill many of you 'angry,
> unbelievers' on this site would rather not bother
> with.

There's no need to "disprove" beliefs for them to have no merit. The default isn't "this is true unless you can prove it isn't." The default is, "This has no merit until and unless you can show evidence it's correct."
Then, of course, you had to go for the ad-hominems....sad.

> Oh, and by the way the majority of people in the
> world and even more in the US believe in my
> 'weird' beliefs (God and after life

As pointed out above, that appeal to popularity fallacy is a bit silly. And it doesn't make them any less "weird."

> Like I say 'people' like you must live under rocks
> because the information is out there but you just
> don't seem to be able to recognize it.

What "information is out there?" That your beliefs are "true?" 'Cause that's not the case at all.

Posted by: bona dea unregistered ( )
Date: February 14, 2016 06:21PM

That is a bit harsh I think.

Date: February 14, 2016 06:23PM

Harsh but true ----- when many people refer to Mormons they are not trying to make a positive statement.

This is certainly how I feel when I refer to Mormons ----- even though many are related.

Frankly, I believe most Mormons I know ------ understand exactly what I mean when I use the word 'Mormons' in a sentence.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2016 06:39PM by spiritist.

Date: February 14, 2016 06:29PM

I stand by what I said. People have different degrees of belief,they have had different expeiences and different reasons for staying in the church. People dont all like the same things and people also have different degrees of education and knowledge about the church.Calling all Mormonsnstupid is the worst kind of stereotyping.

Date: February 14, 2016 06:34PM

Don't get me wrong I "love" Mormons and morons and all people to some extent.

But I see no value and actually harmful to be 'PC' with people that are for example morons, etc.

Please see my first comment to see what the 1st definition of 'moron' is ------ it's not stupid or does not infer a low IQ it's "foolish" and one can be 'foolish' in 'God things' and be extremely smart in other things like earning a living, etc..

Therefore, to those 2 (morons) beneath me with (moronic) comments, I ask the question are you stupid for not looking up the definition of the word or foolish, or something else?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2016 01:03AM by spiritist.

Date: February 14, 2016 06:39PM

I know many very smart Mormons. I.wonder what they see in the church and why they stay too,but they are definitely not morons. Maybe they are basing their testimony on spiritual experiences,maybe they take what they like and leave the rest,maybe they like it and it feels comfortable,maybe they are trying to keep the family together or maybe they need a belief system and Mormonism is all they know.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: February 14, 2016 11:12PM

The first rule of holes: when you find yourself in one, stop digging.

Date: February 16, 2016 03:09PM

This is for Bona Dea U our professed Christian????????

You profess to be a 'christian' and call me harsh???????

If you would read the bible more Christ (Your mythical god) used the exact language as moron (fools) along with hypocrites, blind guides, serpents, generation of vipers, etc.

Was Christ politically correct? Didn't he understand all the 'what ifs' you suggested?

I suggest you 'practice or at least pretend to practice what your god preaches' or obviously find another false religion!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2016 03:10PM by spiritist.

Date: February 16, 2016 03:58PM

For someone who takes all the woo woo stuff so seriously, you sure do get riled up. Maybe you're projecting a bit? :)

Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: February 14, 2016 06:25PM

It might be harsh, but I think I'm there too.

I've hit my point of saying, "well, you believe it, then you deserve it".

Posted by: areyoukidding ( )
Date: February 15, 2016 11:45PM

I think I'm reasonably intelligent, but I was heavily brainwashed. These days, if anyone who has access to google joins the church, I'd have to question their rationality. But 50 years ago people simply didn't have the resources to get the whole picture.

Posted by: elderpopejoy ( )
Date: February 14, 2016 10:09PM

verilyverily Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> After everything that has been said and done over
> the last 20+ years, anyone who still believes in
> the CULT are complete MORONS, complete and total.

That being true, why are we inundated with cries from the poor marginalized gay crowd who are ever more insistent that they wannabe part of the Mormons?

That most sensitive crowd is portrayed as intelligent, not morons.

Why in Hell would they ever want to cling to such a moronic Cult and not bug off?

Riddle us this conundrum.

Posted by: alyssum ( )
Date: February 14, 2016 10:50PM

What's been fascinating to me, as my wall of belief crumbles, is seeing how far the wall reaches, and into what other subjects. I don't think any of us are totally clean of emotionally based beliefs.

Posted by: anon4this12 ( )
Date: February 16, 2016 02:48AM

One I can think of that a lot of people in the Western world believe in is feminism. It's got good intentions, but a lot of it is based off the premise that males and females are almost identical (except fairly irrelevant things like body hair, genitals, height, etc.). However, that's not backed up by science at all, it's just something people would like to be true. If questioned on this they usually say any differences in male behaviour or thought patterns that we see in today's society is due to media and culture encouraging them to behave a certain way.

Science actually shows that there are significant INGRAINED differences in the behaviour of an average male and an average female, due to differences in hormone levels and due to differences in brain structure. Not only in our species, but in almost all mammal species. Chimpanzees, elephants, cows, lions, elephants, you name it, if you research how they live, the males and females can actually have significantly different lifestyles. A common one you see in many species is that females have a tendency to stick in groups and travel as little as possible whilst males have a tendency to be more solitary and travel around.

But if you ask a lot of Westerners they will insist that males and females are practically identical and that there should be a 50/50 ratio in every part of life. It's very strange! When you look at the biology of our species it makes perfect sense that there would be more males in prison and the army.

Posted by: imaworkinonit ( )
Date: February 16, 2016 02:59AM

Have you ever read "The Moral Animal"? It's kind of fascinating and talks about differences in the sexes, not just in humans, but in other animals. It also talks about how body design seems to be related to the sexual behavior, nurturing roles, and monogamy across different species.

Posted by: shadowofadoubt ( )
Date: February 16, 2016 02:31PM

I think true feminism is and should be rooted in this concept:

Not that men and women ARE the 'same', but that women and men are DESERVING of the 'same.'

Too often, our differences have been used as an excuse for unfair expectations and unequal treatment.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2016 02:32PM by shadowofadoubt.

Posted by: imaworkinonit ( )
Date: February 16, 2016 02:32AM

I don't think belief in Mormonism, or any other weird thing, means someone is stupid.

Believing in Mormonism may be irrational, or uninformed, but those who know the issues and are able to perform amazing feats of mental gymnastics to preserve their faith are not stupid. Sometimes very intelligent people are extra talented at rationalizing what they want, or what they NEED to believe.

When would a person NEED to believe something? Maybe their marriage, or their job, their social standing, or even their self image and sense of purpose depends on it. Plus, I think humans brains have a few glitches, a few blind spots, and an amazing ability to compartmentalize, and do whatever it takes to fit in. I think we are born with survival instincts, and Mormonism feeds the need to belong to a 'tribe', along with the fear of being rejected by that tribe.

Having left Mormonism, it seems so obviously fraudulent. But when I was in it, my whole perception of reality was limited and warped. It's just like any cult: it reduces your ability to think clearly about it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2016 02:33AM by imaworkinonit.

Date: February 16, 2016 04:25AM

"That is a bit harsh I think." - since when did HARSH become illegal? Tell it like it is.

Date: February 16, 2016 03:09PM

"They actually do physical rituals that are painful and last a life time." - acting a lifetime as opposed to acting a deathtime like imitating disemboweling oneself and slashing one's throat you mean?

But the point I have been making is that THIS BOARD is about recovering from the MORMON CULT not some religion in some other country and it shocks me to see how many people on this board are so busy defending the EVIL CULT.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: February 16, 2016 02:50PM

If people think Mormonism is "weird" it would behoove them to do some research into the history of the thousands (5000?) of deities and what their believers accept and believe to use to create their World View.

Think their rituals are "weird" ? Do some more research and see what beliefs in other countries do to please their deity? Mormonism is mild by comparison, in my view. They actually do physical rituals that are painful and last a life time.

I have referred to Mormonism as the: "Red Headed Stop Child of Christianity" as that is predominately how it operates in the world of Christian beliefs that include a Savior, most of which is from the Bible.

Human beings typically do much the same things through out their history. One is to establish some kind of cultural religious belief system that the tribe adheres to sometimes for thousands of years. It's accepted as valuable and must be adhered to in all ways. It has nothing to do with their IQ or their intelligence, or anything else. It's the core to the cultural tribe, just as Mormonism is. Mormonism is strictly a home grown American religion that has a long generational acceptance by the believers. I doubt it is going anywhere.
They have drawn a line in the sand with their beliefs, people can accept them or reject them. (Specifics found in the Proclamation to the World 1995. Good to know what it really says: https://www.lds.org/topics/family-proclamation?lang=eng&_r=1)

They have every right to proclaim their beliefs, just like every other religion. Accept or reject them. We have that right also.

Stupid? No. I don't accept that as human beings are not purposely believing by faith in something that is stupid. They generally accept it by faith which again, has nothing to do with their IQ, in my view.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: February 16, 2016 04:45PM

Generalization like the ones in the original post are never wise. Mormonism is moronic in many ways but the people who believe it don't deserve to be blanket insulted by their association with it. Many individual Mormons are seeing their way out and blanket insults directed at them are not productive in my opinion.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.