Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: rutabaga ( )
Date: February 14, 2016 08:39PM

Today we had a pre-stake conference consisting of a satellite broadcast. The keynote speaker was Renlund.

His message was tolerance.

We agree to disagree.
I like you.
I respect your considered opinion.
I hope we can be friends.

The way I heard it this referenced the current TBM/Gay dynamic.

Without backing down on church policy, we are to be tolerant even though we disagree.

Did others hear Renlunds message this way or did I get it wrong?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: February 14, 2016 08:45PM

In other words, "You're wrong, but I'll smile at you."

Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: February 15, 2016 08:55AM

The first thing "they" have to do is stop calling themselves "we". Dallin Oaks is not a "we". He is a "me", and he needs to apologize and accept personal responsibility if he is to ever grow up.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: February 16, 2016 04:29AM

Sad you had to see that last Sunday.

It sounds like the broadcast they beamed here last month during "regional" SC: it's like a typical SC beginning and end but with the middle being these (approximately one hour) broadcasts [I had to wear headphones, which will now be my habit at any guture-further LDS concentration camps, church meatings or disfunctions] (usually going to 30-50 skates - 4-8 states at a time, like a quadanually GC: when these old timers speak, its GC) with a few men and a woman, in a staged broadcast, with no actual audience in the room; just watching from afar in various state buildings and wart houses in a regional area, suffering through it painstakingly.

Surely they played the same tape we saw last month. More will compare notes.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2016 03:31PM by moremany.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: February 16, 2016 03:37PM

It's a continuation of the voyeuristic steal small voice/"friend"24/7/365, General conference every Sunday, re-read the BS (books Smith, or simply, b.s.) home preaching at all hours, in all neighborhoods, steakonference-fast, do as we say, not as we do, constant strangle hold to this LDS rod that leads to nowhere.

It's a combination SC-GC - "stupid conference" & General Bologna, or general conference - in one. That way the many, in many different locations, watch the few and makes correlation easier.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2016 10:16PM by moremany.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.