Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anon4this ( )
Date: January 10, 2013 06:50PM

....a close friend in my ward in SLC has some kind of church discipline issue and he is scheduled to have an interview with Elder Bowen....

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: anon4this ( )
Date: January 11, 2013 01:58AM

Posted by: frankie ( )
Date: January 11, 2013 02:19AM

uh, I never heard of him, but tell your friend to skip out on his discipline . He can get disciplining at the middle school instead. discipline is for little kids, unless your friend broke the law.

Posted by: Interested ( )
Date: February 17, 2016 02:10PM

My experience with Bowen was less than good. He was informed of an abusive member of the church. He stated that he was going to investigate and make appropriate corrections. When it was determined that the offending member had a insurance account with Bowen, all investigation stopped and more people became victims. His goal was to protect his personal interests, not do what was right and remove this abusive person from a position of authority.

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: January 11, 2013 02:30AM

Church discipline should be re-labeled.

Church emotional, and spiritual abuse is more fitting.

They get their jollies off of tormenting people that they have decided (for whatever reason) are inferior to them.

They decided that I was inferior to them because my mother told them I was. I wasn't there to hear their BS. They did their level best to put me into a situation where I would have to endure their abuse at every single important event in my life. I took that power away from them. I left their false religion, and took my family with me. Their opinion no longer carries any weight or meaning.

Posted by: anointed one ( )
Date: January 11, 2013 04:34AM

in Spain. I had contact with him on behalf of the Area Presidency and I met him in mission president training meetings etc.

He was very impressive and likeable. Obviously a 'rising star'. Of course, I was TBM then and conditioned by the whole delusion.

Now, I would put him in the same category as most GA's - he must be wilfully ignorant (as to the issues) or a liar. Neither of which is offset by meing "impressive and likeable".

Posted by: Hedning ( )
Date: February 17, 2016 02:32PM

He's either very spiritual or passing gas ....

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/1VZ7RDivqnU/maxresdefault.jpg

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: February 17, 2016 10:42PM

I formed the impression that he was beseeching ghawd and all the angels to PLEASE make her stop talking!!

Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: February 17, 2016 10:56PM

He looks like one of those evangelical type guys who have the TV shows and the big jets.

Posted by: snowednomore ( )
Date: February 17, 2016 11:02PM

Phony and insincere.

Posted by: snowednomore ( )
Date: February 17, 2016 11:04PM

Ah hell, this is three years old.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.