Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: February 21, 2016 10:54AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dennis Moore ( )
Date: February 21, 2016 10:57AM

#1 The Church of The Backyard Garden (its supposed to be in the 80's today).

There isn't a #2

-Dennis

Posted by: quinlansolo ( )
Date: February 21, 2016 10:59AM

Posted by: kativicky ( )
Date: February 21, 2016 11:10AM

I am going to enjoy the day off by drinking some ice coffee, finish an infinity scarf, add couple more rows to my blanket that I am making, and play around on the computer.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: February 21, 2016 11:46AM

I think I'll go watch a few episodes of "How to get away with murder." And then I work for 8 hours.

I've had shingles or postherpetic neuralgia for 8 months now (new outbreak of shingles a month ago) and working is torture these days. It takes every ounce of energy I have and I worked long hours yesterday. I'm not looking forward to my day.

Boyfriend is gone skiing. Sundays in Utah are great for that (especially given he lived in Colorado for 18 years before moving here, but he despises the mormons). I really need to ski again in this lifetime. I'd probably break something now with the shape I'm in.

Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: February 21, 2016 11:49AM

I'm so lazy, I'm making ketchup.

Too lazy to go to the store, it's easier to make it.

Long story, too lazy to type it out.

Posted by: shortbobgirl ( )
Date: February 21, 2016 12:26PM

Brunch and seeing Chorus Line.

Posted by: 6 iron ( )
Date: February 21, 2016 12:32PM

At Starbucks reading RFM, and reading comments about the Leafs overtime loss last night.

The Leafs....sigh

Posted by: Human ( )
Date: February 21, 2016 12:45PM

That sigh is growing eternal...

Human, feeling for the ever loyal Leaf fans

Posted by: Human ( )
Date: February 21, 2016 12:43PM

Coffee and biscotti now

Then whip up a Southwestern beef stew for the slow cooker

Out and about in the afternoon

"The Wings of the Dove" before supper

Ah, Sunday leisure. The pleasure is peaked for once not having it.

Human

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: February 21, 2016 12:44PM

Not doing much today but dog sitting my pooch who hasn't been feeling well lately. He's happy to have me home more, and he loves sun bathing in the light coming in from the door window next to where I'm relaxing. Was going to go watch an anime movie but that can wait.

There was a really good movie yesterday on cable with Bill Murray called St. Vincent's. Has anyone here seen that? It started out I was going to change the channel but I continued watching and the movie literally melts your heart once you get vested. He's a lovable rascal as only Bill Murray could play one.

Melissa McCarthy plays a single mom raising a little boy that Bill looks after while she has to work.

Great show.

Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: February 21, 2016 01:12PM

Me too! I did see that. I'm not certain I watched it with real intent, but next time I catch that I'll make sure to really get into it.

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: February 21, 2016 03:08PM

St. Vincent is an excellent movie. I usually enjoy everything Bill Murray is in. In an exmo FB group, that was one of my exmo movie recommendations of the week. (I usually watch movies while working out.)

Otherwise, I'm trying to get my butt in gear for the week. Now that my illness has passed and I'm feeling a millions time better, I have the goal to get up at 5 AM every weekday to do homework, go to the pottery studio, or run errands before work and/or school. So I've been packing things up, getting snacks and meals ready for the week, laundry, and putting off sitting down and working on my math homework.

If anyone ever needs ideas on how to be efficiently organized and ready, always ask an ENTJ. We don't like to waste time.:D

Date: February 21, 2016 08:50PM

I thought of that while watching the movie, how the characters would be off putting to any Mormons watching it, and yet how divine they really are in comparison to some if not most Mormons I've known?

Good character study for sure.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: February 21, 2016 12:44PM

Coffee @Good Earth and going to pick up our dogs at the kennel this afternoon.

RB

Posted by: PeacePrincess ( )
Date: February 21, 2016 03:00PM

Going to find an Exmo meetup in Tigard.

Posted by: geekchick603 ( )
Date: February 21, 2016 03:09PM

Shoe exhibit at the local art gallery and then making homemade soup later.

Date: February 21, 2016 03:22PM

Speaking about movies, I discovered at long last the movie on demand feature on the cable I've been paying for for eons.

This afternoon I'm watching a 'free on demand,' oldie (but a first time for me,) "Girl with a Pearl Earring," starring Scarlett Johanssen from 2003.

Talk about poetry in motion! Love the artistic imagery. And acting about the life of Dutch painter Johannes Vermeer, and his subject.

Nice way to spend a Sunday afternoon on a overcast gray day as the temperatures plunge this afternoon from 30's down into the 20's. I don't do winter well unless I have a warm cup of tea curled up in the recliner.

:)

Posted by: PollyDee ( )
Date: February 21, 2016 03:23PM

It's a splendiferous day here in Hawaii! We're enjoying at quiet Sunday morning sleeping in, but are planning to go sailing this afternoon!

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: February 21, 2016 04:03PM

I'm going to be on Maui in about 16 days. I can't wait. It's 40ยบ here with an icy cold wind blowing. I'm going to go get a Latte and then proceed to do not much of anything today.

Posted by: PollyDee ( )
Date: February 21, 2016 08:22PM

The weather could not be more perfect here! I hope you enjoy your time on Maui, It is, by far, my favorite island!

Posted by: pathfinder ( )
Date: February 21, 2016 03:29PM

Daytona 500, Pizza and cold beer.

Posted by: desertman ( )
Date: February 21, 2016 03:51PM

Unfortunately I sat through two hours of boredom listening to preaching about The Sabbath and Be humble. These sermons were delivered by boring drones and thankfully I was able to snooze through most of it.

Posted by: Elder OldDog NLI ( )
Date: February 21, 2016 03:52PM

I can't seem to be able to log in on my new Atari 8 phone...

I'm sitting in Sunday "traffic" on the ninth tee at a goat track golf course in Corona, CA. I'll be here a lot longer than the three hour block, but with twice the anxiety.

Posted by: desertman ( )
Date: February 21, 2016 03:55PM

Levi

Not to consider yourself lazy. Your version is in all probability more creative--much healthier--much tastier--and more satisfying to eat.

Posted by: jefecito ( )
Date: February 21, 2016 04:43PM

Stayed in bed until very late. Played guitar for a couple of hours and then listened to music. Enjoyed a delicious Mediterranean late lunch and now I have to work for the rest of the evening.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: February 21, 2016 04:52PM

Making fun of it.

Posted by: michaelc1945 ( )
Date: February 21, 2016 08:07PM

Mass at my Anglican parish and took the great grands to see Kung Fu Panda III. Now smoking my third bowl of a good flake tobacco and drinking a Coke Zero.

Posted by: En Sabah Nur ( )
Date: February 21, 2016 09:03PM

Saw Deadpool for the 4th time. It was utterly taint-ticklingly delicious; I left behind a moistened seat when I left the theater.

I spent the rest of the day flirting with anonymous strangers online and playing Lego by myself.

Posted by: escapee nli ( )
Date: February 21, 2016 09:15PM

I slept today, having worked overnight. Doing the same thing again tonight.

Other Susan

Posted by: blakballoon ( )
Date: February 21, 2016 09:16PM

I went to work, boooo....
Still better than going to TSCC

Posted by: hausfrau ( )
Date: February 21, 2016 09:26PM

Out to lunch and shopping.

Posted by: Slumbering Minstrel ( )
Date: February 21, 2016 10:14PM

Grilling bratwurst that has been soaked in Ole Smoky White Lightnin' Moonshine.

Posted by: exmo-k@juno.com ( )
Date: February 22, 2016 01:18PM

I met up with 16 exmos yesterday.

It was a good block of time.

We had some laughs.

We had one new guy join us.

The group keeps growing. (40 plus on FB page)

KJ/Anonyms

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.