Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Azure ( )
Date: February 28, 2016 03:54AM

Dear Blak Balloon,
I wish your response could somehow go viral. It is so revealing and persuasive.
One of our local movie chains advertises a Saturday morning
autism-friendly session. Wish I could remember more details, as the description was worded extremely well, but the house lights were up and it was okay to run around and make noise.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: February 28, 2016 05:15AM

Babies can be loud and troublesome. They can't help it. I think everyone needs to be a little understanding of people in every age group.

Of course parents need to take responsibility for their children, but everyone else needs to know that babies and children will act like babies and children which means they might be annoying.

Old people can also be annoying, but everyone needs to be understanding of them as well.

We can't dictate who will cross our path when we go out in public. We can't control their behavior but we can control how we react. We were all babies and hopefully other people treated us well. We'll all be old if we're lucky and we deserve respect even if others don't particularly like old people.

I hope the movie for kids and autistic kiddies works out well for everyone. I also hope kids with special needs have opportunities to mix in general society with all ages and with anyone who happens to cross their path.

Posted by: blakballoon ( )
Date: February 28, 2016 06:53AM

Wow thx azure, I have been given some info before about these sort of movies in a theatre not too far from us. We haven't tried yet.

I had a visit last year from our ward RS pres. This was before my shelf broke. She was kind when we explained our position. She suggested some ways which we may receive help in attending church with our son. We quite sincerely told her it was unnecessary.. We had found our happy place and felt peace. She looked me in the eye and said 'well I wish you well' I haven't seen her since.

Anyway, my point being, we truly are happy. The original post triggered thoughts and emotions that sometimes sneak up on me. I could relate to the OP and it got me thinking about general intolerance and the nature of congregational worship.

Deep thoughts for a suburban housewife;)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.