Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: lurking in ( )
Date: February 29, 2016 07:03PM

Continued from closed thread:

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1777184

I'm glad we have the internet and ubiquitous recording devices to expose these bigoted, clueless ideologues for what they are:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQ4_wTGv8Ao

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/29/2016 07:41PM by lurking in.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: February 29, 2016 07:13PM

Doesn't have anything even close to a clue, does he?

RB

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: February 29, 2016 07:16PM

I cannot understand why they let Bednar do these horrendous Q & A sessions? He's just digging the hole deeper and deeper for LDS,Inc. until so many members leave they will have to do some major damage control. Maybe destroying TSCC IS the plan. Maybe they are all just too tired of maintaining the whole fantasy.

Posted by: Gentle Gentile ( )
Date: February 29, 2016 07:39PM

He's the Best.Troll.Evah

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: February 29, 2016 07:21PM

The Church has been adamant in recent years about not using any
language that identifies anyone as homosexual. This fits the
narrative that homosexual proclivities and/or behaviors are not
what you ARE but what you DO. That's why they constantly use
the mouthful "struggle with same-sex attraction" rather than
"gay."

If it's something you DO, then it's something you can change.
That's the position of the Church. If you can't change your
innermost spiritual self, at least you can live a lonely,
unfulfilled life and attend conference and listen to the
brethren talk about how WONDERFUL their relationship with their
loving spouse is. You can attend Stake Conference and hear
talks on the importance of marriage and how those who aren't
married miss out on life's deepest, most profound aspect. Oh,
and if you enter into a legal, committed, loving relationship
with someone you love they excommunicate you and shun any
children living with you.

But, hey, who cares if you're miserable as long as the rest of
the membership prays, pays, and obeys.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: February 29, 2016 07:30PM

I just watched some of the video. His wife does look very, very unhappy, on the verge of crying. He doesn't look all that happy either. If they are trying to project happiness for being mormon, they are failing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/29/2016 07:35PM by cl2.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: February 29, 2016 07:36PM

They are the poster couple for perfect marriage.

Posted by: Done Over ( )
Date: February 29, 2016 08:21PM

Homosexuality defined as a mere "inclination". The damage this idiot's teaching will do to the psyche's of gay Mormon youth is incalculable. I wish the APA would go after this guy.

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: February 29, 2016 09:09PM

I'm not a youth, & I haven't even been active for 15 years. & yet what he says will still do a great deal of damage to me because I have to interact with my TBM mother on a daily basis who is homophobic & transphobic. She believes & agrees with everything that is said in the cult.

Posted by: oregonboy ( )
Date: February 29, 2016 08:27PM

He is an amazing POS. Such hatred and arrogance.

Posted by: En Sabah Nur ( )
Date: February 29, 2016 08:35PM

Semantics games like this are always ridiculous.

The church happily accepts "traditional marriage" as a defining trait of the Mormon family. What is that if not an acknowledgment that sexuality defines a person and their relationship to their god?

I am bisexual; this tells you, the reader, that I have an attraction to both men and women. I'm married to a woman, and we have two children. What does this tell you? Only that I, as a man, have chosen to bond myself with a woman and share life and property with her.

I, until recently, was also technically Mormon, even though I haven't been active in the church since 2008, The church happily included me in their roles even though I was a "selfish, scheming, lying" apostate for the last eight years. Hell, even after I resigned, there's no reason for me to believe that I'm not included in their accounting of worldwide membership!

Both my sexuality and my marriage indicate certain things about me as a person. But I'm not EXCLUSIVELY defined by that.

My past life as a believing Mormon AND my current life as an EXMo both define who I am as a person. These terms are both relevant.

This is so much silliness from Bednar. OF COURSE there are homosexual Mormons, whether or not he or the his ilk want to acknowledge their presence among their congregations.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: February 29, 2016 09:33PM

En Sabah Nur Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Semantics games like this are always ridiculous.
>
> The church happily accepts "traditional marriage"
> as a defining trait of the Mormon family.

Mormons blaring about "traditional marriage." I was born during
the administration of the FIRST president of the Church who had
NOT been a polygamist.

"Traditional marriage" -- Bwahahahahahaha

Posted by: snowball ( )
Date: February 29, 2016 08:37PM

It seems at times he has a voice in the back of his head saying: "David, you are so clever." He probably thinks it is his favorite teacher the Holy Ghost.

BTW - If Sister Bednar thinks so differently about so many subjects and it's so enlightening, why doesn't the audience get to hear something from her? I would love to hear what was going through her mind when Davey stepped in the dung and said "there are no homosexual members of the church."

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: February 29, 2016 08:51PM

I swear, I expected him to say something along the lines of, "We have this feelings about members of the other sex and they are only to be given free rein within the holy bonds of matrimony; at any other time they are a sin." But he is smart enough to see how huge a hole he'd be stepping if he did so, because the question would then arise, 'where do those feelings come from?'

They simply can't go there! If the feelings come from ghawd, then where to the feelings gay people have come from? At least the old ogres, Spence and Ernie and Boyd could flap their jowls and bitterly tell the youth, "suck it up and deny your feelings and marry women!" and then under their breaths they saw, "I did it, so so can you..."

Just how old and impotent has the mormon ghawd become? Heck, could be the sucker is dead!

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: February 29, 2016 08:55PM

This man is pure business man and egoist. He knows nothing about biology. He knows nothing about psychology nor neuropsychology. He doesn't even know anything about theology except the theology he is making-up as he goes. It is sickening to see people looking to this sorry excuse for a man as their leader in things he knows nothing about.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: February 29, 2016 08:57PM

I watched the first couple of minutes trying to make sense out of what he was saying. The only thing his patronizing comments suggested was that he is an incoherent bigot. I'm appalled at his stupidity and by the smug righteousness projected by him.

Thank you, Pickles, for reaffirming my decision to remove my name from your hateful organization. The Boner.

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: February 29, 2016 09:50PM

He doesn't look at her with eyes that love.
He doesn't regard her as important.
She knows this.
That's why she looks so sad.

Posted by: anonthisonce ( )
Date: February 29, 2016 09:58PM

I get the impression she does all the heavy lifting in the marriage and he takes all the glory.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: February 29, 2016 10:04PM

the head of one of the mid=eastern countries...
I believe it was the dictator of Iran who said essentially the same thing about Everyone in his country.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=quote+there+are+no+homosexuals+gays+in+country&view=detail&mid=A7C313C2717E5A9977FAA7C313C2717E5A9977FA&FORM=VIRE2

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/29/2016 10:07PM by GNPE.

Posted by: nonamekid ( )
Date: February 29, 2016 10:06PM

See the post by Pista above.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: February 29, 2016 10:20PM

yah, well MORmON PRofit Gordon BS Hinckley said that there is no such thing as a MORmON fundamentalists (Larry King Live Sept 8 1998)

..........but those Nephites, THEY ARE REAL!!!!!!!!!

Stupid ass MORmONS !!!

Posted by: PapaKen ( )
Date: February 29, 2016 11:03PM

I am a homosexual.
I did not exist when I was a member of the LDS church.

*POOF*

Posted by: scarecrowfromoz ( )
Date: February 29, 2016 11:26PM

He immediately starts with not answering the question that was asked, but answering the "question they should have asked."

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: February 29, 2016 11:55PM

Alabama Gov. George Wallace, "The Stand In The Schoolhouse Door," Foster Auditorium, University of Alabama, 11 June 1963.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1rd6xfGg5s

The Brethren are worried. The tide of history is running against them. It's the same situation as in the Southern states of the US in the late 1950s who fought a losing battle against desegregation.

Most of the current Brethren will be dead by 2030. By 2050 they will be denying they ever had any such policy and that their past position was "misinterpreted."

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2016 03:19AM by anybody.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: March 01, 2016 12:10AM

There are no true ("happy") members of the lds church. We don't see them - because they don't exist.

Posted by: jay ( )
Date: March 01, 2016 12:45AM

Is Bender's wife an object?

Posted by: GC ( )
Date: March 01, 2016 03:18AM

And perhaps the scariest part: Bednar is 63-64 and already number 7 on tne succession list. Unless Holland or Urcdorf have a very long life, he will likely be the top dog within 16 years or so.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: March 01, 2016 03:29AM

Bednar may be a Bednar, but he is no Hinckley.

Posted by: celeste ( )
Date: March 01, 2016 04:35AM

What a smug, self-righteous tool. Certainly talking down to people. I am at this moment, choosing to act upon this computer and call out his hate, bigotry, and dishonesty.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.