Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Lost Mystic ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 07:25PM

Have you ever argued inside the temple?

Years ago I had hoops in my ears as well, and when I was in the temple one time, a worker approached me and said

"How dare you enter the house of the lord with such defilement on your body...you must remove your earings now!"

I replied "My bishop and stake prez told me that it was up to me. God doesn't care about my earings, so you should examine why you are so upset right now and work on that. I'm keeping my earrings in, and my tattoos aren't going to be removed either."

She stomped away.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Loins of Fire ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 07:49PM

Jezebel.

;)

Posted by: Lost Mystic ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 08:01PM

I'm confused...are you calling me a Jezabel or implying something else? Hehe

Posted by: Scooter ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 08:46PM

but in the good way.

Posted by: NeverMo in CA ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 08:03PM

What if you do have tattoos and they see them? Will you be asked to leave the temple?

Posted by: piscespirate ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 08:44PM

Former co-worker told me that they made her brother cover it with a medical gauze bandage. She said that she didn't see the point in it. If a body is a temple to the lawrd then why not decorate it?

Posted by: Don Bagley ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 08:50PM

Nice point pirate. You can look at tattoos and earrings as decorations if you're positive. If you're a nattering nabob of negativity you can call those things desecrations.

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 09:04PM

The wicked little sisters may cover their boob jobs in their temple clothes, but I can still see their plastic lady lumps. They should take them out before they enter the temples!

Desecration of the holy temples!

Posted by: Major Bidamon ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 10:49PM

I wonder if a tattoo of Jesus (mexican style vato) would be kosher. or "la virgen". or Joseph Smith even.

or what if you were a 300 pound samoan and had all sorts of tats. wonder if the temple worker would open her big fat mouth.

Posted by: Freevolved ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 10:54PM

NeverMo in CA Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What if you do have tattoos and they see them?
> Will you be asked to leave the temple?

I knew a temple worker who had tats on his hands. He didn't have to cover them up.

Date: March 24, 2011 11:07PM

I was maybe fourteen.

Doing the dead dunk thing. There were a whole bunch of girls and I was the only guy but they let them go first. Anyways, they're finishing up (or so I think) and one of the lady temple workers tells me to head to the font. Turns out there is still a couple girls not finished, so I'm sitting there thinking what do I do, go back to the waitng place or sit down next to the girls? All of the sudden this old tall dude pops out of no where and starts chewing me out, "YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE HERE. WAIT YOUR TURN. GO BACK TO WHERE YOU WERE."

I went back. It shook me up pretty bad. I was trying to be a good boy and I thought at the temple people would be good back to me. I don't know why it scared me so bad. Obviously now I would just laugh at the poor guy. Maybe he thought I was there for the wet t-shirt contest or something. It was weird. Usually they wouldn't care.

Edit: supposed to be at the bottom. Sorry :)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2011 11:22PM by Freevolved.

Posted by: Glo ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 11:18PM

The old guy who yelled at you thought he owned the little girls - a not uncommon attitude in patrichal settings.

He was running off the competition ( you ) while mentally picking out his future wives.

Date: March 24, 2011 11:21PM

I should have stayed and fought like a man.

If I remember right his jaw was perfectly placed for an uppercut.

I suck at primal instinct.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2011 11:22PM by Freevolved.

Posted by: another guy ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 08:47PM

Control.

Control.

Control.

Posted by: Rockman ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 09:15PM

Typical mormons ignoring their own problems when it's more satisfying to judge others.

Jesus would be sick. lol

Posted by: tiptoes ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 11:02PM

With tears streaming down my face, after kneeling in prayer in the celestial room, a temple worker came to me as I was exiting the room and informed me that we are asked not to kneel in prayer. I was so embarrassed, on top of the tears (big decision to make), I am sure my face was red. There was one other person in the room.

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 11:17PM

Posted by: OzDoc ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 11:20PM

Posted by: libby ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 11:41PM

telling you not to kneel AFTEr you got up and were leaving.

What's the point? You were done. so I am guessing just some power trip.

I went twice to the temple, two times too many. got bitched at both times by those sheet wearing freakie weirdos who call themselves temple workers. more like little nazis I think.

Temple=worst experience in mormonism.

Posted by: tiptoes ( )
Date: March 25, 2011 12:26AM

And now that I think about it, that was the last time I attended the temple...not the cause though.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: March 25, 2011 01:42AM

I knew that it would be my last trip - I had already made up my mind to leave the church, but a good friend invited me to go with her, so I did.

I was given the name of a deceased German lady to do the endowments for. It was a long, tooth-chipper of a name. However, I speak some German, so I could pronounce it correctly.

At the curtain, when they asked whom I was there to represent, I rattled off this lady's name, giving it the correct pronunciation. There was absolute silence on the other side of the curtain. Then, whispered, "Could you say that name again, please?" I did. This went on for several rounds before the person on the other side of the curtain gave it her best shot, but was off by a mile. It was all I could do, not to engage in loud laughter.

I'm not sure whether the poor German lady actually made it into Joe's Kingdom or not, but I haven't lost any sleep over it.

Posted by: slmarkymark ( )
Date: March 25, 2011 03:11AM

I live right down the street from a temple and they did the open house a few years ago. Me and some friends got some tickets to attend. In order to fully enjoy the occasion we met at the house beforehand for a few cocktails. After being well on our way towards inebriation we made our way over to the temple. The building was quite impressive and one of my friends and I were fascinated by the wallpaper in the stairwell leading to the basement. There was a line of people waiting to go down so we started inspecting the wallpaper looking for the seams. I must have gotten overly excited abut finally finding one because the guy in front of me gave me the dirtiest look and told me I was being completely innapropriate in such a holy place. Anyways we didnt really stop. If they didnt want people acting silly in the temple then they should think twice about the chefs hats and green aprons...

Posted by: melissa3839 ( )
Date: March 25, 2011 03:33AM

Haha, YES! I would pay big money to watch that live, lol.

Posted by: Inverso ( )
Date: March 25, 2011 08:23AM

I was a baptistry worker for a while and got in a big fight with the supervisor over his shoddy and racist treatment of patrons.

What happened was some visitors from Central America showed up without an appointment and the supervisor left them hanging at the desk for ages, refusing to commit right away to letting them in to do baptisms. Then some white and delightsome locals showed up (also without an appointment) and were ushered right in and given a list of names to do. After stringing the Latino patrons along for a long time, he told me to kick them out (he spoke no Spanish). My roommate (also a worker) and I protested vigorously and were told to respect his authority and shut up. We went straight to the temple president's office after the shift, and things were pretty chilly with the supervisor from then on.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: March 25, 2011 08:42AM

The time she went when almost ready to deliver a baby.

Posted by: Luke ( )
Date: March 25, 2011 10:18AM

Back when I was foolish enough to use part of my vacation time to visit temples everywhere, I decided to attend an endowment session in the Buenos Aires Argentina Temple. (I was visiting Buenos Aires for a few days.)

My Spanish was not very good, and after renting temple clothes, I went to the locker area to change. Then I realized that the white long-sleeved shirt was HUGE for me. So I let the shirt on (without putting the tie on) and went back to the renting area to ask for a smaller number. On my way there (a few steps way) an elderly man YELLED at me, saying that I disrespecting the temple by walking around without the white tie on, and the shirt no tucked in. He was REALLY rude and mean.

I almost packed up and left the temple right then, but I was silly enough to stay and attend the session. But now that I think back on it, it was one the last times I attended a session. That was 11 years ago.

Posted by: quoth the raven nevermo ( )
Date: March 25, 2011 12:40PM

It would be amusing to see a fist fight in the big white room.

I once saw some guys play full body contact croquet as a joke. We nearly killed ourselves laughing. And yes alcohol was involved.

But....a couple of temple matrons bitch slapping each other in their freak fest costumes would be entertaining. Or old geezers in bakers hats doing running tackles.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.