Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: getbusylivin ( )
Date: March 19, 2016 09:55PM

We live down the block from the lady missionaries' apartment. We encourage them to drop by when they need a break. My wife and I like to cook so we feed 'em here and load 'em up with doggie bags. Next week we're hosting a birthday party; I hope they'll drop by for a spell. They may not care to emulate my wife's dancing--she grinds it pretty good--but I hope they'll chill a bit.

I disagree with 95% of their act and have made it clear that dropping by uninvited is a no-no. But, you know, they're kids, far from home, speaking a new language, living in a new culture, pounding the pavement doing something that, as many of you have noted, is likely already stinging them with doubt and remorse. I like to think we're giving them a little plain ol' secular humanistic TLC. Maybe this will help them realize there's more to life than LDS.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: EveEphraim ( )
Date: March 20, 2016 12:09AM

Think it's very kind of you to look after them, they are kids and it's a tough thing they are going. Also think by showing/demonstrating that non Mormons are in fact nice, decent humans, it's good anti-apostate innoculation or perhaps anti-venom lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2016 12:09AM by EveEphraim.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: March 20, 2016 12:14AM

If they get a dick-head MP, they might be told not to visit you since it's a "waste" of their valuable converting time.

The ability to be a dick-head is accentuated by elevation to MP-hood. Of course, any priesthood calling allows for dick-headedness...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.