Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Emmett ( )
Date: March 15, 2016 01:24PM

Do be honest I highly doubt there was ever a day when I did not masturbate on my mission. After the lights were turned off and I could hear my companion snore, I would have a nightly wank. I was a hormonal gay missionary. Often I would also masturbate in the early morning when my companion would be showering.

I never truly felt THAT guilty for masturbating even when I did fully believe in Mormonism. I always wondered if my own companion masturbated behind closed doors

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: March 15, 2016 01:25PM

Less than before my mission, but still fairly often.

I had too many experiences of "feeling the spirit" to believe that it in any way impacted my so-called worthiness.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: March 15, 2016 01:59PM

I was able to go a whole year without. The other time it was when I could which was probably once per week since it was awkward and "hard" to find a way to do it.

Posted by: the1v ( )
Date: March 15, 2016 02:05PM

I showered daily, there was a door, and it was locked.

The few weeks in the MTC was very difficult.

Posted by: oxymormon ( )
Date: March 15, 2016 02:09PM

I was to understand that by serving a mission, the Lard would "bless my sacrifice" by removing my same sex attraction.
So, I took the law of chastity thing VERY seriously.

Still, I gave into temptation a couple times a month. Then I would feel terribly guilty, repent earnestly, resolve to never do it again and be obedient in all things. Until the cycle repeated itself.

In hindsight, I see that they were setting me up to fail by design; by controlling my natural desires they had control over me. ANOTHER way in which TSCC screams "CULT!!!!!!"

Ever since I took back control of my life by escaping, I've done my best to make up for all the abstinence.

Posted by: never again ( )
Date: March 15, 2016 02:09PM

On my mission I always bought more conditioner than shampoo

for the shower hey.. it works

Posted by: the1v ( )
Date: March 15, 2016 02:28PM

+1

Posted by: Jonny the Smoke ( )
Date: March 15, 2016 02:33PM

Before the mission.....lots.

During the mission.....not once.

After the mission.....whenever I feel like it.

Posted by: Bamboozled ( )
Date: March 15, 2016 03:40PM

I made it one week.

After that it was whenever the opportunity presented itself.

Posted by: dejavue ( )
Date: March 15, 2016 03:59PM

Pretty much daily. Went two weeks once and gave it up. My jerking off didn't seem to impact my moving up the ladder to First Asst. to the President for the last few months of my mission. I played the game well. My only regret is that I didn't play around more. Still, the nude swim in the ocean was very invigorating, topped of with the the happy moment.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2016 03:59PM by dejavue.

Posted by: dogblogger ( )
Date: March 15, 2016 04:29PM

Same, daily for the most part.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: March 15, 2016 05:30PM

dejavue Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My only regret is that I
> didn't play around more.

I did play around with another Elder only once and didn't go very far. He told me he wanted to and I stopped it. I had many opportunities but I was petrified about getting sent home early. My mother told me and she never goes back on stuff involving her church that if I was sent home early she would send me to the streets and I was dead to her.

Posted by: kairos ( )
Date: March 15, 2016 05:19PM

So the mission prez asks the missionary-elder broadbeam do you have a problem with masturbation?

elder broadbeam:

Not at all prez -it works everytime for me- so do you have a problem? i might be able to help you-those service mishs in the office are pretty "hot" for 63.

think he got a plane trip home?

just tellin and askin

k

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: March 15, 2016 11:08PM

If there is video of all my sins, I'm gonna need a lot of popcorn and diet Coke.

I had it in mind that I was very low key when it came to masturbating and that ghawd and any others in the courtroom when I was being 'tried' would find the video of all my sins boring by comparison to the stuff I've read about. It's probably just going to be me, ghawd and the courtroom bailiff.

Posted by: randyj ( )
Date: March 15, 2016 11:37PM

...that the vast majority of missionaries did the deed, and most of us declined to share that information with our mission presidents. But it didn't prevent us from finding investigators, teaching, baptizing, or serving in leadership positions. It was amazing that performing a perfectly normal bodily function didn't make our lives fall apart.

In my mission (Queensland, Australia,) the missionaries who 'fessed up were sent to an isolated mining town out in the desert called Mt. Isa, hundreds of miles away from any other civilization. It was hot, dusty, and boring. So whenever we heard that a particular elder was sent to Mt. Isa, we knew the reason why. The lesson we learned was, don't confess anything.

Posted by: misterzelph ( )
Date: March 16, 2016 12:29AM

I was able to go the 2 years without. Often, my balls were the color of a Dodger baseball cap.

Posted by: En Sabah Nur ( )
Date: March 16, 2016 11:38AM

I managed to last 6 weeks leading up to and during my time at the MTC. That streak ended once I had a nocturnal emission; after that I couldn't go more than a few days before the urge for release overcame me.

I had companions who were overt about taking care of masturbatory business. They'd tell me about it, brag about how many times they did it in a day, how effusive they were, what have you.

Posted by: snowball ( )
Date: March 16, 2016 12:09PM

Not as often as I would liked to have.

Posted by: D. In Hollywood ( )
Date: March 16, 2016 04:13PM

I never did it even once on my mission and even lasted several months after coming home. But I also never heard any of my companions doing it or talking about it. That would have been more exciting than doing it myself I think.

Posted by: David A ( )
Date: March 16, 2016 04:16PM

Never.

Posted by: eaglejedi ( )
Date: March 16, 2016 05:44PM

As often as I could. When I lost the spirit and basically quit being an active missionary, I'd do the long bath in afternoon thing a couple days a week.

Posted by: cognitivedissonance ( )
Date: March 16, 2016 07:42PM

yup, did. Also noted it in my calendar. It was a small backslash in the bottom right corner of the day. For multiple wanks I added another backslash.

I had several wanks one night. I was caught off guard when a fellow mish asked what all the backslash marks meant. I stammered and said 'doodles'. He didn't buy it. I think he suspected but didn't pursue it.

Only way I made it through the stupid.

Posted by: battlebruise ( )
Date: March 22, 2016 09:25PM

Ha! I did the same thing only with dots. There was lots of Morse code in my journals.

Posted by: Anon for this one ( )
Date: March 17, 2016 01:24AM

I went my entire mission without. The wet dreams were a pain in the ass...like a damn fire hose. One time we slept over at a member family's house, the wife was a gorgeous 30 year old French woman. Of course...I fire-hosed the sheets of their guest bed that night. She noticed the mess when cleaning up the house before we left and gave me a knowing grin. Now I'd just laugh and shrug. Then...I was nothing but deep-red embarrassed.

Posted by: anon for this ( )
Date: March 17, 2016 02:14AM

I never masturbated until I was 24. And my debut into that world of exploration may have never gotten going if my ex-wife hadn't been such a prude. However the horrible guilt I felt for years over my masturbating was horrible. It was the major reason why I was very knowledgeable that the church was BS but still trying to live all the rules for around a year because I worried that maybe why I no longer believed was because the Spirit had departed because I wanked off on rare occasions. 14 years later I realize that was a crock. My wanking off did not screw up the DNA of the Native Americans. Now my only concern with masturbation now is that I frankly believe that its more joyful to have sex with a consenting adult :)

Posted by: Leaving ( )
Date: March 17, 2016 02:38AM

I tried very hard not to masturbate on my mission and ended up having numerous wet dreams (thanks BKP). I know that my companion once noticed the wet spot on my pajamas when I got out of bed. He didn't say anything, but I found myself masturbating more after that incident.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: March 17, 2016 01:04PM

Honestly -- not once.
I tried *really hard* to be a good, worthy, faithful, diligent missionary. I had been convinced that doing so would give me that "spiritual witness" that I'd never been able to have before my mission. Though I *had* spanked the monkey before going, I resolved to not do it on my mission, and I didn't. Not once.

Really, REALLY wanted to. But didn't.

Then I left the church 3 months after coming back. Happily self-indulged again (and then found girls that loved sex, and didn't do it so much any more!). And realized how stupid I'd been on my mission.

My second companion on my mission was a nightly masturbator. He'd check to see if I was asleep (I often faked it), then he'd kinda make a tent from his blanket and go at it. Though I was an ass on my mission and didn't indulge, at least I never ratted him out...:)

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: March 17, 2016 01:10PM

Two, three times a week.

I had a companion who was tortured by his inability to totally abstain. He cried to me about it. I pretended to be sympathetic.

Posted by: blacksheepguy ( )
Date: March 17, 2016 01:56PM

I was able to make it 2 weeks into my 3 week stint at the MTC. After that, it was 2-3 times a week. I even snuck out on P-Day and went to a Brazilian newsstand and bought a Portuguese Penthouse Letters and used that thing very often.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: March 17, 2016 02:21PM

Thus improving your Portuguese vocabulary.

Posted by: blacksheepguy ( )
Date: March 17, 2016 03:14PM

Not only did it improve my Portuguese, it improves the length of time I could last before the religious release!

Posted by: anon-b ( )
Date: March 22, 2016 09:08PM

During the first year of my mission I never masturbated. During the second half of the mission I did it about once every two weeks.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.