Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: MormonIamnotnomore ( )
Date: March 27, 2016 03:22PM

I left the church 15 years ago. I left while I was a Bishop. People find my departure unbelievable. For years I stayed silent. However, my level of anger continues to grow against LDS, Inc. It took so much of my life let alone my family, time, and money. My wife still attends faithfully. She is bright and well educated. But no information would make her doubt. It wouldn't matter if Profit Monson asked her to be his wife. The indoctrination is deep and well rooted. Fortunately, my children are not part of the cult. Although I have been silent in public, in private my views have been made known. My children understand the whole thing is one big fraud. They have learned that LDS is just a bull shit business cloaked as a religion.

At the end of the day I know I can't change the past. I also know I have responsibility for what I believe. One ray of hope is watching the church slowly melt. More young people understand the craziness of this cult. It will take several generations for this faith to completely dwindle but it's happening.

Mormons see the end of the world as something imminent. However, I see young people rising up against religion, racism, homophobia, and a host of other shameful beliefs. Thank god for young people. They are so much further ahead than people of my generation (Generation X). Young people are the hope not only against LDS Inc, but society in general.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: msmom ( )
Date: March 27, 2016 03:39PM

What an interesting exodus for you and your family. Sorry you wife is so entrenched. I love the young people I meet everywhere.

Have you spent any time with our young men and women in uniform? I have been at army posts and air force bases and it is uplifting and honestly awe inspiring to be with them.

There is a local post mormon support group in New England - so many young people - so glad they never got entrenched.

Posted by: Humberto ( )
Date: March 27, 2016 03:44PM

While watching my kids, their friends, and the new kids we hire at work, I find myself repeatedly thinking that we'll be leaving this world in better hands than ours. The up and coming generation has some awesome people representing it.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: March 27, 2016 03:45PM

the truth shall set you free but first it will piss you off.

Posted by: MormonIamnotnomore ( )
Date: March 27, 2016 03:59PM

Dave, that was funny. That made me laugh...and so true. I work with some young people and I'm amazed at their speed and knowledge. More importantly, many know current leaders (whether LDS or not) are mostly full of shit. They realize my generation and those ahead of me have f**k up everything. If we as humans survive, it's because of the today's generation and not some dumb ass religion named LDS, Inc.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: March 27, 2016 08:02PM

Young people today have the internet - that helps!

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: March 27, 2016 11:35PM

It'll be nice when there's the Internet Tribe and the various 'Pay no attention to the Internet' Tribes, all of which will be fighting a rear guard action.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.