Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Riverman ( )
Date: April 07, 2016 10:27AM

I just did a search, it has been 7 weeks since his last post.

I don't think he ever made it a day, maybe two in the past.

Does anyone know him?

It would be nice to know he is OK.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: April 07, 2016 10:35AM

What I believe happened is some people complained about him posting too many off topic discussions, and instead of cutting back on posting he just up and left.

That's just what I've deduced because I know others here have complained about my posting too many off topic discussions so I was asked to cut back on those, which I since have. I could be wrong.

Otherwise I don't know why he would've left. He was endearing.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: April 07, 2016 11:16AM

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: April 07, 2016 11:24AM

I seriously doubt that's what happened. It's more likely that their tenuous situation with his father's age and their dire finances made posting impossible.

Posted by: poopstone ( )
Date: April 07, 2016 12:42PM

Ya I have to agree with Amyjo, there are a lot of complainers on the board that like to make trouble. But he's probably just moved on to youtube or something else?

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: April 07, 2016 02:37PM

Unless the management tell you to cease and desist I wouldn't' worry about it. An off topic section may be a desirable thing to have available to us here. Just a thought.

RB

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: April 07, 2016 05:11PM

Really folks, speculating like this does nobody any good.

Posted by: shannon ( )
Date: April 07, 2016 10:39AM

His TBM family put him on computer lock-down years ago. They got pissed about his apostacy and lowered the boom. He eventually came back out to play, but the trade-off was that he had to return to church with his dad.

Dunno much more. He's on the Autism spectrum and lives with his family on disability. I'm guessing they can pretty much control his outside communications if they want.

So there ya go...

Shannon, The Board/Ward historian. ;o)

Date: April 07, 2016 11:56AM

Is that a calling?

Or self appointed? :)

I was not aware of that info about his past issues. Hopefully that is all it is or the financial possibility, nothing serious.

I rarely replied to his posts, but I usually read them. They were usually interesting links.

Posted by: shannon ( )
Date: April 07, 2016 01:02PM

Riverman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is that a calling?
>
> Or self appointed? :)
>
Nawww, not a calling. Just nosy that way. heh.

;o)

Posted by: rt ( )
Date: April 07, 2016 10:52AM

Pity he didn't feel welcome. All he did was post vaguely Mormonism-related links.

Posted by: Human ( )
Date: April 07, 2016 11:09AM

rt Wrote:
> Pity he didn't feel welcome. All he did was post
> vaguely Mormonism-related links.

Ya, it is a pity. I thought both his on and off topic stuff rather timely. His headlines kept me plugged into different things from what I normally see, like celebrity and LDS news.

Hope he's well, or at least well enough under the circumstances.

Human

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: April 07, 2016 11:19AM

They try this stunt around here. I say shame on them and I hope admin catches these attempts and turns out the guilty parties.

Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: April 07, 2016 11:19AM

His posts were the only way I knew about B actors from the 60's deaths.

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: April 07, 2016 11:26AM

I think the later arriving posters here who did not know his history of his challenging life tended to view him as an OT spammer.

We were always kept informed of the latest celebrity deaths and scandal by his vigilance.

I miss reading some of his perceptive queries about 'boring Morg services' and his ultra TBM family.

Godspeed SII. We love you and your pooch Poncho.

Posted by: Finally Free! ( )
Date: April 07, 2016 11:36AM

Seems like a lot of speculation without anything to back it up. It sounds like we don't know why he's not posting and in such cases speculation and gossip really don't help.

Whatever the reason he's not posting, I hope he's OK and doing well and feels like if he wants to post here that he can. It sounds like a lot of people here care about him, after all a lot of people come and go from here and very few have people asking about them after they haven't posted for a while.

Posted by: darkprincess ( )
Date: April 07, 2016 11:39AM

Southern Idaho Inactive, if you see this we hope you are well and hope you can come back and post.

Posted by: Kathleen nli ( )
Date: April 07, 2016 11:53AM

Around a year ago he was awaiting some test results. He had had cancer on his neck/head if I remember correctly.

Admin does a good job of protecting our identity. Maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to give them better information about ourselves, so that when one of us goes dark, they could advise the rest of us that all is ok, or get permission to help if needed.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: April 07, 2016 12:17PM

I think we should all mail in a front door key to Susan I/S and then check off how long to wait before coming over to see what's up after X days of inactivity.

I've already sent her a copy of my Will and my DNR order...

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: April 07, 2016 12:38PM

elderolddog Wrote:
> I've already sent her a copy of my Will and my DNR
> order...

Does that include your old posts?

Date: April 07, 2016 04:12PM

That's a great idea, Elderolddog! I just mailed Susan the key to my front door! I just hopes she turns on the dishwasher!

But SII has some needs that maybe the rest of us don't.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: April 07, 2016 12:25PM

I'll chime in. He is a special case -- in a way -- Shannon, the board historian covered it well. :-)

I enjoy his posts. He shares very real life experiences, including when his dog died and he got another one.

His family has a lot of problems, he had trouble with social security disability, getting a job, etc., a sister got married, there is a child, and he is often manipulated and used to help support the family, especially since his mother died a few years ago.

The most likely reason he is not posting is he has no computer or Internet use. Otherwise, I feel strongly he'd be posting.
The second real possibility would have to do with illness.

I don't know if anyone here knows where he lives - if they do, maybe they could check on him.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2016 12:26PM by SusieQ#1.

Date: April 07, 2016 12:42PM

Some of us here are pretty isolated from other people on the forum. I could die and no one here would know it and probably not care. I've had very few email exchanges from my posting here. I care about Southern Idaho Inactive but I never tried to contact him outside of RfM. I hope he is okay, but the nature of posting to an anonymous forum with no outside connection to other members of the forum makes their IRL status fairly difficult.

I hope someone here as an email connection to him.

Date: April 07, 2016 12:57PM

I would care :)

I enjoy your posts

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: April 07, 2016 12:57PM

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: April 07, 2016 01:01PM

Me, too.
Seriously. :)

Posted by: Bruce A Holt ( )
Date: April 07, 2016 01:58PM

Same here, cousin!

Date: April 07, 2016 04:42PM

+1.

Date: April 07, 2016 01:02PM

Thanks. I identify with Southern Idaho Inactive. We've both been accused of posting too much.

Without some of his scans of news for Mormon related nonsense I wouldn't be so informed.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: April 07, 2016 12:50PM

he was talking about his family not wanting him to post here or trying to control his computer usage. I think Shannon is correct. I hope we hear from him.

Hasn't he had other times he couldn't post because his family wouldn't let him?

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: April 07, 2016 12:59PM

Yes. His family didn't like him posting. But he also mentioned they were in danger of losing their home. His fathers health was declining and his fathers income in addition to his disability benefits were all they had. Extended family were trying to help but he mentioned that was falling apart with too much fighting just before he stopped posting.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: April 07, 2016 05:15PM

There is a lot going on in that house right now. I am sure he will be back posting WHEN HE CAN. This has happened before.

Posted by: kativicky ( )
Date: April 07, 2016 01:22PM

Whatever is going on, I hope that once things calm down, SII can come back and join us.

Posted by: SoCal Apostate ( )
Date: April 07, 2016 01:31PM

In addition to the information about his circumstances and past absences, I'll also add that he has been criticized about O/T posts a lot over the years, and he hasn't ever been thin-skinned about it.

I really do think this absence is due to his circumstances, not taking offence at any criticism.

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: April 07, 2016 02:28PM

Could be any number of things.......lost or broken phone......his pop didn't pay the cable so he could pay tithing instead.....let us go easy on assumptions and maybe just put his name on the temple prayer rolls.....or maybe not.

He's a survivor we should remember.

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: April 07, 2016 05:06PM

I don't think his absence has anything to do with criticism over his O/T posts, but might have more to do with his family's issues at the moment. I think it's possible that his dad paid tithing first, and didn't have enough money left over to pay the cable/internet bill. The Morg as he likes to call the cult, has declared cable to be a luxury item, and one that should be done without so that tithing can always be paid.

Posted by: midwestanon ( )
Date: April 07, 2016 05:11PM

It sounds like he is well-liked, what I seem to remember about his posts were that they were articulate and informed. This forum seems to retain a... motley continuum of regular posters.

Are there a group of posters here who don't like him? And as to the speculations about a covert group of TBM posters here (does that really happen?), I've never even seen someone post anywhere on this forum on any thread that took a believing-in-mormonism position. For one thing, I wouldn't see the point, and second, it seems like it would be such a massive destraction from any topic that they would be shut down. It'd be like Louis Farrakhan setting up an account at the Stormfront message board. Although I'd say us collectively are broader minded than a bunch of white nationalists, but I hope you get my point :)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.