Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Agnes Broomhead ( )
Date: April 22, 2016 11:32AM

Perhaps it would be a good idea for someone to drop by the House Of Handshakes On Hadley Avenue to give the purple man a chance to accept salvation in the afterlife.

His music was very "uplifting", but I doubt TBMs, even those living in the Twin Cities, even care for him. So I would guess those going to the Oakdale temple (especially Utah expatriates) to go about their lives this weekend as if nothing happened. He really was a big figure in Minnesota. And it's sad to hear even he was sucked into a major cult like Jehovahs Witnesses. Perhaps Mormons in Minnesota missed a grand opportunity.....

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: shortbobgirl ( )
Date: April 22, 2016 11:37AM

I'm not 100% sure the TBM's here in Minnesota disliked him. Several of the ones I am friends with on Facebook have been posting and liking the tributes. One even said she was downtown last night.

Posted by: ptbarnum ( )
Date: April 22, 2016 11:51AM

My son thinks Prince may have paid for his JWness with his life and is keenly interested in the ME's verdict on cause of death.

The theory is that the Purple One has supposedly been quite ill recently and may have refused important treatment based upon JW restrictions on transfusion/infusion.

Whatever the cause I'm sure that whoever is out there hoping to dead dunk him and "save" him from the clutches of the Watchtower is mighty glad he changed his name back from that funky symbol.

I for one hope that if there's an afterlife Prince is chilling in the place he described in "7":

There will be a new city with streets of gold
Young so educated they never grow old
There will be no death for with every breath
A voice of many colors sings a song that's so bold
Sing it while we watch them fall.

Posted by: Gentle Gentile ( )
Date: April 22, 2016 12:22PM

Didn't want to start a new thread for this...

...just walked past the JW's literature table in the Students' Union Building of the biggest university in this city. They've gotten extremely public and pervasive for some unknown reason. They had to book a table in advance, so they're not exploiting the Prince publicity.

I wouldn't mind as much if it *was* Prince, but these guys...?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.