Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Bentaylor23 ( )
Date: May 01, 2016 01:42PM

Some times I think I'm a bad dad, not spending enough hours playing with my kids, not reading enough, working too much etc. etc. Then I hang out with active Mormons with 4 to 5 kids and I'm like holy shit I am the bomb, dad of the year right here people.

It's like they do anything and everything possible to not have to play with their kids or push them on to family as much as possible. Especially the dads. I feel so sorry for them especially because I feel like the women are guilted into having to have too many kids. They all compare themselves to other members and to only have 2 kids is just against everything holy.

My wife always wanted more kids but I was done at 2. It's the perfect # for us and now she thanks me all the time for it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Darren Steers ( )
Date: May 01, 2016 02:15PM

You are bad maker of hosts for spirit children to occupy.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: May 01, 2016 02:20PM

Stop beating yourself up! Do the best you can, that's all any of us can do. Ignore other people's opinions. They are about them, not you anyhow.
Enjoy your kids!

Posted by: sunnynomo ( )
Date: May 01, 2016 06:36PM

I used to worry if I was a good enough mom. Now that my kids are young adults (son getting married; daughter graduating from HS in 2 wks) I can look back and realize that making mistakes as a parent still resulted in pretty okay kids. Just try to keep it to 10 major parental screwups a day or less!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.