Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Mike T. ( )
Date: May 02, 2016 06:52AM

Have you ever connected on RfM with someone you knew before? This is the very stuff that makes the likes of Jeff Holland go all ape-shit over the pulpit.

I don't know whether to credit RfM or Facebook friendships with other friends. All I know is I accepted a friend request from a guy whose name seemed familiar, but who didn't seem familiar. I accepted because he was already FB friends with several other of my ex-Mo friends. Then when I looked at his site, I recognized immediately that he was someone I knew from the late 80s, early 90s, whose family was in my serviceman's ward overseas. He had left the church, too, which was a big surprise. I thought it was awesome, because I had such high regard and fondness for this family.

I told DW that I was now FB friends with this guy, and she grumped about it saying, "You'll probably find him too Mormon and delete him." But then I told her that they had left the church, too, and she got really quiet and a bit more grumpy.

So... Never underestimate your contacts here and on FB and possibly other sites. On RfM alone I've connected with other people from my past, one of them a nephew who had left with his wife. One of the people I've connected with was the person who took care of my son in nursery.

Thank you, Baby Jesus.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: May 02, 2016 12:15PM

Haven't yet here. Have found old church and school (LDS) friends via Facebook.

There may be some lurking here whose paths have crossed with mine. That's nice you've been able to find old acquaintances on RfM!

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.