Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: May 09, 2016 12:29PM

In the love fest on Facebook that was last weekend my niece posted a picture of herself with her parents. I haven't seen my younger brother for like a decade. He of all of us 5 brothers looks the most like my father.

My father is the first child of Rulon Jeffs. My great grandfather stepped in an proceeded to dissolve my grandparent's marriage legally with his daughter's full consent when he discovered her husband was moving another wife into their home in Salt Lake City.

I visited Rulon a few times growing up in his home (the last visit I don't think it was his home) that eventually became Alta Academy in the later 80s up in his Sandy compound. That was the extent of my association with him. My father had some parental visits between age 4 (the divorce) and 9 (my grandmother's remarriage.) We were fairly insulated from my grandfather but we carry his DNA.

My younger brother who is now in his mid-forties looks an awful (and I mean awful) lot like Warren. But to my brother's credit he looks a whole lot better than Warren. He's not so gaunt looking and his face is rounder.

I have nothing to do with this brother. I asked him several times in our communications to not bring up the church. I cut him off when he asked me if I had read my patriarchal blessing recently in our last communication.

I don't know why I'm posting this. I guess I'm just a little shaken on how he has aged. Our father looked a decade younger than he was in his middle age. I guess my younger brother isn't going to age as well as our father did. I can see his wrinkles where he didn't have them before.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2016 12:30PM by Elder Berry.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: May 09, 2016 12:56PM

I'm sure those Rulon genes are in many of our relatives beyond what anyone would assume. The mixture between polygamists and mainstreamers might be close to 100% in multi-generational families.

I've also had to cut off family who only want to preach and convert and have no other need to interact with me.

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: May 09, 2016 01:02PM

Wow. What a heritage!

Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: May 09, 2016 01:56PM

I hope you are planning to write a book about your family and it's history. It'd be great reading!

Posted by: Professional postmo ( )
Date: May 09, 2016 02:54PM

It can be scary when family members look like the wicked.

My mom is a spot on dead ringer for Louise Fletcher (Nurse Ratched)...

Date: May 09, 2016 04:32PM

Professional postmo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It can be scary when family members look like the
> wicked.

My mother just looks wicked. I call her the wicked witch of the West.

Posted by: Holy the Ghost ( )
Date: May 09, 2016 02:56PM

There are Steeds in Southern Alberta that share a strong resemblance to Warren Steed Jeffs. I once asked one if they were related, but he just said he didn't know.

Date: May 09, 2016 04:31PM

I hear there are a lot of Steeds. I wonder if there are more Jeffs? Rulon sired many children and grandchildren I hear. He probably is still being made a grandfather though his eldest (my father in his 80s) is no longer being made one.

My parents have 50+ grandchildren. I don't know the final count but I know that my youngest sibling isn't having anymore.

Rulon's DNA is all over the place. Modern day Brigham Young.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.