Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: May 11, 2016 05:10AM

I have never bought anything from Living Scriptures. I keep reading where TBM's write about how hard it is to get out of a contract with them. Is this the company that sends RM's to members homes every summer all over the USA?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: May 11, 2016 09:17AM

But I've been out for so long, that I don't know any longer. When they'd come to my door to sell them, I'd feel guilty that I couldn't afford them. I'd always think of all the other things I'd purchase like Disney videos for my little twins to watch to give me some time to do other things, etc., and feel guilty. I had one neighbor sign up for the contract and her kids were much older than mine. I doubt they watched them (in fact 2 of her 4 kids are exmormons).

Doesn't surprise me that it is difficult to get out of a contract with them.

Posted by: getbusylivin ( )
Date: May 11, 2016 09:34AM

False hope sells.

We all wish there were an easy way out of this life. There isn't. Unscrupulous businessmen know of this weakness in us. They prey upon our fears.

Whether the contract is or isn't easy to escape is beside the point. The product is junk food for the soul. The only real spiritual nutrition is hard, cold, and tastes like crap. The eternal unknowing.

But at least it's the truth.

Posted by: poopstone ( )
Date: May 11, 2016 10:50AM

they use to have a call center by weber state. And RMs use to fill the spots and cold call trying to sell stuff. There may be some good bible cartoons for kids? IDK

Posted by: snowball ( )
Date: May 11, 2016 04:11PM

Hard to get out of the contract?

Kind of modeled on LDS, Inc.--make the cost of exit high.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: May 11, 2016 04:24PM

My wife fell for it when the kids were little. It is something I don't like to remember. The little old woman who signed us up lied about getting out. Living Scriptures is a virus but then they learned from their master LDS Inc. and their true colors are lying for The Lord.

Posted by: danboyle ( )
Date: May 11, 2016 06:05PM

long ago I had a job where I ran people's credit reports. This was in Utah, and you would not believe the number of bad credit reports from them. I have no idea who owns the company, but time and time again I saw perfect credit reports with only one negative account reported on them...always "Living Scriptures".

It was so common, the bankers I worked with usually ignored anything Living Scriptures reported.

I thought, this company must really put on the hard sell, and they have no qualms going after everyone they can.

ahhhh, Utah.

Posted by: WestBerkeleyFlats ( )
Date: May 11, 2016 06:17PM

They advertise their videos as being shorter and more expensive than Disney ones - http://www.livingscriptures.com/selectplan.aspx#why

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.