Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: May 16, 2016 05:47PM

She said.

"Coates said she and her husband did not develop any feelings for each other on the mission."
http://byuiscroll.org/unlocking-hearts-seeing-served-new-eyes/

But before that she said this.

"“When you watch how someone behaves as a missionary, it is very easy to tell the kind of person they are in the normal world,” Coates said. “I had been impressed on my mission with how hard my now husband worked. He was always patient and kind when he had to deal with difficult missionaries or those they taught. That was a very impressive thing to me.”"

And yet she didn't develop any feelings for him, hmmmm.

I call B.S. but this totally shows what kind of bubble gummy dummy self-inflicted naivete and making a virtue out of being oblivious for self-serving when they are serving "the lord."

Urp. I just vomited a little bit in my mouth God used to hear words from....

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: May 16, 2016 05:51PM

Well, she dare not offend ghawd by admitting her humanity!

It was only after her duty to ghawd was completed that she allowed her passion to bloom. C'mon, how gross and trivial it would all sound if she were to admit that they were steaming about each other during zone meetings!

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: May 16, 2016 10:31PM

Two bits his Bone was rising up to meet her.

Posted by: Hedning ( )
Date: May 16, 2016 06:02PM

They certainly seem to have a lot of time on their hand to form "friendships" with the Elders.

“He was my district leader,” Hano said. “He was put in Bountiful out of inspiration.”

Well they sure as heck are not teaching and baptizing they may as well spend their time admiring potential mates "Priesthood" bulges or what ever it is Sister Missionaries do.

The Sister missionaries in my mission mostly fought with each other, and we spent most of our time breaking up fights and consoling the parties we thought were innocent.

Posted by: poopstone ( )
Date: May 16, 2016 10:04PM

An increasing in marriages since the lowering of the ages of missionaries? hmmmm, was this the reason for the revelation? Well what I think is even stranger is bringing home foreign brides. It's like what was elder Bobo doing on his mission?

Date: May 17, 2016 08:58AM

I saw many bringing home the brides, marriages in the making, and blossoming romances back in the early 90s on my mission.

This piece seriously made me both angry and disgusted with the amount of delusion Mormons "engage" in with regards to missions and romance.

It is like they revel in denying their own humanity and think themselves above board on being borderline crazy. Mormonism: where insanity is a virtue.

No wonder lying for the Lord is seen as a good thing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2016 08:58AM by Elder Berry.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: May 17, 2016 09:51AM

Underlying message: younger missionaries getting together means you're cleared to boink younger...

Date: May 18, 2016 01:17PM

Stop choking your chickens and get them in working for The Lord but only after you are allowed to have romantic feelings. God turns those off for you if you are righteous during your missions.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: May 17, 2016 10:03AM

I have a nephew who married someone from his mission. He came home first and apparently went up to her home town a few days after she got home. They had an average mormon engagement (short), but are a cute couple and seem to be very happy. And they both work hard.

But the funny thing was that my mom must have been so scared that people would think "something" happened on their mission. She's very elderly anyway and can't remember what she has told people, so every single time she would talk about them dating and getting engaged, she made sure to add "and nothing happened on their mission." Hello. I know "nothing" happened, "nothing" meaning they weren't being physical. But obviously "something" happened. And sofuckinwhat? Isn't that part of the theory behind lowering the age in the first place? These kids who are hooking up on their missions are the real mission success stories.

Posted by: minnieme ( )
Date: May 17, 2016 10:27AM

every time I see a missionary couple I imagine they are a gay couple. Makes it easier to take seeing them around or having them in my house.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.