Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: May 20, 2016 10:28PM

Funny how shining a light on your dark deeds gets your garments in a wad, LDS, Inc.

http://kutv.com/news/local/lds-church-accuses-tribune-for-gotcha-journalism-in-reporting-byu-rapes-paper-denies-it

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: anon today ( )
Date: May 20, 2016 10:54PM

Nothing like a taste of Utah whine, pressed from sour grapes, with just a hint of Oaks over a barrel.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: May 21, 2016 07:17PM

That was pure genius. LOL!

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: May 20, 2016 10:59PM

"the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints said recent Tribune stories made "extraordinary claims" and implied that there was a "rape culture" on BYU campus."

No, it is not implied. It has been noticed, identified and said out rightly. BYU campus has a policy of rape culture.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: May 21, 2016 08:35AM

I still say, get BYU's football schedule and let the opposing schools know that at BYU, rape victims face a presumption of guilt. In the real world, that doesn't fly. Back in the "no blacks in the priesthood" era, many schools refused to play BYU, and that's what got the church's attention. Hit 'em in the pocketbook!

Posted by: Cold-Dodger ( )
Date: May 20, 2016 11:41PM

Galileo was accused yesterday afternoon of trying his hardest to prove Catholicism wrong.

A spokesman for the pope comments, "Galileo has been quite busy lately looking into things the church has advised him not to. It would be best for his... health... if he ceased and desisted immediately."

We caught up with Galileo as he was walking particularly fast from from angry-looking gentlemen in official church garb behind him.

"Look, I think the Bible just tells us how to go to heaven. I don't believe it was ever written to tell us how the heavens go," he said.

Meanwhile, enthusiasts everywhere who have tinkered with the new invention of a spyglass which sees things far away have been saying that Galileo's observation of the existence of moons orbiting Jupiter seems to suggest that not only does everything not have to orbit the earth, but that maybe there is a correlation between between mass and which object circles which, in which case, why couldn't the earth go around the son?"

However, after a church court in which it was decisively decided against Galileo that the sun goes around the earth, a warrant for Galileo's arrest was promptly issued. The decisive verse was found in the book of Joshua where Joshua clearly commands the son to cease moving and it does.

Another church spokesman commented, "Look, every now and then you get these people who think they know better than the church." He continued, "I have looked into the new spyglass for myself, and I can attest that Jupiter does have moons, but... they are far less significant than our dear Galileo wants to imply. Quite unremarkable, actually. Our Vatican scribes are working on a new model, even as we speak, which shows the kiddiwampus and nonsensical orbits which those moons would have to be obeying if they were circling earth and not Jupiter. No one need doubt the church because of this one man's babbling."

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: May 21, 2016 07:11AM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_6Oq6rq33uo

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2016 07:16AM by anybody.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: May 21, 2016 03:37AM

And, once again the cult is caught in quicksand of its making.

Entertainment at its best.

Posted by: no way ( )
Date: May 21, 2016 08:02AM

I call this an admission that their procedures and implementation need work:

"Today, the university issued a letter outlining that process and launched a website inviting input."

They don't need to reinvent the wheel. Both religion and rape have been with us since recorded history. And now, mid-2016, they are "outlining the process...and...inviting input."

Hey, BYU, how about cracking a book on the subject not published by Deseret? Don't blame others for your self-censorship.

Here's another novel idea - freedom of the press. The Trib was nor is obligated to wait on your hand-wringing apologetics for your inappropriate and probably illegal policies and procedures. They can publish facts and opinions as they find them. Too bad for you that the vast majority of this country in not censored, as you and all of your members are. Yes, we know you want to turn the US into China, just keep praying about that, and you will get a burning in your collective bosom. I suggest you treat it with an antacid.

Posted by: cinda ( )
Date: May 21, 2016 06:41PM

I can't imagine having no Salt Lake Tribune and having the (church owned) Deseret News as the only Salt Lake Newspaper. I love that their reporting has apparently embarrassed tscc! No entity is more deserving of having their antiquated, misogynistic practices exposed for all the world to see. Apparently, they are upset that the Trib didn't contact the church for a statement prior to running a story about the rape and Honor Code connection. The paper states that it had already contacted BYU for comment 24 hours prior to publishing the story. On the contrary, it seems to me that the Tribune is generally very respectful of the church and gives them a wide berth, considering what they actually could publish. Their complaint just serves to make them look whiney.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: May 21, 2016 08:38PM

Mormonism is a "gotcha (cultURE) religion"!

It tries anything and everything to get ya' (to follow it/ the devil), even if it means casting nets, using false bait, withholding information or tightrope walking.

The Navoo Expositor was probably referred to in the same way, for printing truth - they don't like that word. Truth. Truth. Truth.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.