Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: May 29, 2016 08:51AM

I saw an article on CNN.com where the religious Muslim leaders want to make it legal for men to lightly beat their wives with a small stick. The men need this law to put fear into their wives so the woman will have sex on demand and do things like dress erotic for their husbands.

Give men a little God power and Shazam you women need to be herded like cattle with a little stick.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: May 29, 2016 09:20AM

The only things that should be beaten lightly are egg whites.

It makes for better waffles.

Posted by: scmd ( )
Date: May 29, 2016 04:23PM

Chicken N. Backpacks Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The only things that should be beaten lightly are
> egg whites.
>
> It makes for better waffles.

Rugs occasionally need to be beaten as well.

My wife may be barely half my size, but if I tried beating her, lightly or otherwise, with a small stick or with anything else, I'd find out just how little size matters in mortal combat. I suspect the 1-year-old child would grab his biggest toy and start bashing me with it as well. You just don't beat someone's mother and expect to walk away unscathed.

What is it with these people?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2016 04:25PM by scmd.

Posted by: SonOfLaban ( )
Date: May 29, 2016 09:38AM

Eggs are the origin of life. To whip them, to lower them into boiling water, or to deface them in any way, regardless of holiday, is a disgrace to humanity.

The complete disregard by brutes for nature's most amazing component never ceases to amaze me.

Leave eggs alone. Stop murdering! How can civilization advance over omelets? Hitler's favorite dish was scrambled eggs.

Need you know more?

http://www.jpost.com/International/Some-Austrians-celebrate-420-by-eating-Hitlers-favorite-dish-451938

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: May 29, 2016 04:31PM

See? Sperm don't get no respect in the 'hood...

Posted by: byuatheist nli ( )
Date: May 30, 2016 02:10AM

Posted by: fixin ( )
Date: May 29, 2016 09:46AM

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/28/asia/pakistan-women-light-beating/

They enslave half? of the population, are one of the poorest nations on Earth, and blame their ills on freer, wealthier nations. You can see it in individual families in the US.

Good luck with that bronze-age magical thinking.

Let's be careful to withhold warp drive until they institute first-world liberties for all.

Posted by: anonuk ( )
Date: May 29, 2016 10:18AM

if you must beat someone so they will have sex with you, that makes you a violent rapist.

Who would get to define 'small stick'? One person's definition will be completely different from another's and who defines which type of wood or cane must be used? something soft and easily breakable like pine, or something more dense and pliable like bamboo?

This has not been thought through to it's logical conclusion. Great critical thinking skills on display!

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: May 29, 2016 12:14PM

Pathetic, isn't it?

Date: May 29, 2016 07:40PM

Cheryl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Pathetic, isn't it?

yes -

and still not specific just stating 'the size of your thumb' - is it that the stick is to be as thin as the thumb is long, or as the thumb is wide? His thumb or hers? What about length, and what about men with big fat stubby thumbs? Is that thumb girth acceptable or should he make allowances? Of course if the length of the thumb dictates the thickness of the stick then what is the precedent for the length of the stick.

not thought through at all - far too much 'wiggle room'.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: May 29, 2016 10:28AM

The same people who pass these laws are the same ones who stone American couples kissing in public in Pakistan.

It's forbidden to kiss in public. Just don't neglect to do it in private with hubby.

The law that says it's "okay" to "lightly beat your wife" also will make it negotiable as to what "lightly" constitutes.

Close to death is light enough?

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: May 29, 2016 10:41AM

issues like this from my ex, who is in a long-term relationship with a Muslim, who tells it like it is.

Obviously his boyfriend is gay, though doesn't embrace that idea as in his country he can be killed for admitting he is gay. Most men have their first sexual experience with a male, oftentimes underage boys. (I saw an article just recently about how U.S. soldiers have reported this and been very upset by this practice.) The men do often have sex with each other as they aren't supposed to have sex with women except their wives. They can't have an affair with a woman, etc., or they can be executed.

There are many other things he has told my ex. This man is married, though divorced her at one time. He doesn't want to go back and live in his country, and definitely doesn't want to raise his children there, but will have to go back unless he finds a way to stay.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2016 10:43AM by cl2.

Date: May 29, 2016 12:12PM

a refugee in germany raped a young lad in a swimming pool changing room claiming a 'sexual emergency' as if it was commonplace in his home culture, although deeply horrifying to western culture.

Posted by: ptbarnum ( )
Date: May 29, 2016 01:10PM

Hmph. I wonder how many lightly beaten Muslim women in history have gently poisoned the man responsible. It's what I would've done.

Date: May 29, 2016 01:26PM

How about whipping into a light froth?

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: May 29, 2016 01:48PM

Is this supposed to be kinky or abuse?

Date: May 29, 2016 01:54PM

It's in the nature of a self testing mechanism; which felt more in tune?

Posted by: msmom ( )
Date: May 29, 2016 03:31PM

maybe the muslim ladies are having some kind of fun! Probably not, but my brain went right there!

Date: May 29, 2016 03:35PM

The report is from Pakistan, and Muslim men. I doubt it is for anything remotely resembling kinky.

These guys cut off their wives and daughters heads for whatever they perceive as subversive to their authority and way of life.

Daughters have been burned beyond recognition for refusing to marry the "right" person, or for wanting an education. Some have had their noses cut off their faces & ears, eyes gouged out, etc.

They are barbarians in other words.

Light beatings? Highly dubious. Women have no voice there, that's the official statement.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: May 29, 2016 03:43PM

Instead of beating females to death, they're required to use only "small sticks" and avoid eyes, noses and other vulnerable areas.

On PBS I saw a special about this and the father beat his daughter at least once daily. He bragged about holding a hot iron on her foot for lying about a school work assignment.

The girl said she had no choice but to submit and she was grateful he hadn't killed her at birth for not being born a male. He had considered this but decided to be merciful.

Date: May 29, 2016 03:40PM

A Muslim man in my community is serving life for beheading his wife after she decided to divorce him.

She made the mistake to continue working with him in their place of business, and he murdered her while in the office front.

Misplaced trust! That's taught in their culture to treat women that way for disobeying their husbands.

She should've known better. She had a false sense of security since they were immigrants. He hadn't left the old ways behind.

She was beautiful. He probably felt if he couldn't have her, no one else would either.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: May 29, 2016 03:44PM

islam is barbaric ......

just like christianity.

Posted by: 64monkey ( )
Date: May 29, 2016 03:51PM

100,500,1000 years or more into the future humans will never change I fear. The only thing that will change will be who's in charge and what fear tactics and religious dogma they use to control the population. I sure hope I'm wrong but humans have a sorry track record of respecting each other.

Date: May 29, 2016 03:55PM

You might find this really freaky then. Some scientists predict the following is what the average homo sapien will look like in 100,000 years to keep up with evolution as a species.

The results are mind boggling! Our future race looks like aliens!

http://www.mnn.com/green-tech/research-innovations/stories/what-will-humans-look-like-in-100000-years

Posted by: scmd ( )
Date: May 29, 2016 04:30PM

The amount of corneal exposure is a bit alarming to me. Someone might make a kulling a few generations down the road by investing in ramped-up saline eye drops, overnight eye ointments, and a souped up version of Restasis. I'd pass the info along through wills to my progeny many generations down the road, but it might be viewed as insider trading.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2016 06:17PM by Susan I/S.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: May 29, 2016 06:21PM

Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: May 29, 2016 04:10PM

When I grew up in SLC in the 1950s, domestic violence was very common. Without those pesky feminists that so many love to hate, it wouldn't be that different here now.

I just read a conversation online by people hating on women in the military, and it was the same arguments, word for word, that were used against women on the police force in the 70s. We are still fighting to get representation for women so women can get the benefits men have, like having people who understand how to protect them.

Posted by: Anon1234567 ( )
Date: May 29, 2016 04:43PM

Yet, there are many non-Muslims who believe the "religion" should be fully allowed to practice in the Western world , including Shariah law. The religious leaders in question are simply stating tenets in the law.

Posted by: bordergirl ( )
Date: May 29, 2016 05:33PM

Just out of curiosity, what is the religion that says it is okay to "lightly beat" your husband if he transgresses?

Probably doesn't exist.

What is there about religion that makes it strive to control women?

Posted by: midwestanon ( )
Date: May 29, 2016 08:16PM

The perception among some men is that women are inherently weak.

I'm not saying this is true, or that I believe it, or it is some universal norm, or immutable truth; I'm just saying what it is that probably makes some men want to control women, and use religion to justify it; they feel superior, and therefore entitled.

Of course, some men just feel entitled in every way anyway, and controlling women is just part of the way they want to control everything and everyone.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2016 07:57AM by midwestanon.

Date: May 29, 2016 08:26PM

How's about looking at blaming this on evolution?

Who was getting the big end of the stick and who was getting the short end of the stick, from 100,000 years ago til last night?

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: May 30, 2016 02:08AM

My 3 cents worth is that the majority of men are stronger and have more mass muscle than women. This does give then the edge and plus (some of the time), when coming to blows with a woman. This fact also mostly decides who will carry the heavy objects when needed in an employment or in a home setting.

Since only the women carry and bare the children and nurse them, this also plays a factor in the division of who does what in the heavy-lifting-arena.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.