Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Gentle Gentile ( )
Date: May 31, 2016 04:58PM

We know when temples are open to the public. Can other church buildings have open houses at any time? One of the local chapels just had one last weekend. Is this another new thing to help with recruitment?

(Bad idea posting pictures of this on the interwebs. They showed mostly empty rooms.)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: want2bx ( )
Date: May 31, 2016 06:18PM

About three years ago, the church had a special broadcast where they introduced the practice of meetinghouse tours and missionary proselyting on the internet. Missionaries were to start using Ipads and set up Facebook accounts.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865582147/Online-missionaries-LDS-meetinghouse-tours-Been-there-done-that.html?pg=all

The program was really slow to take off. I had a nephew who left on a mission a few months after the announcement and he didn't use an Ipad on his mission until shortly before he returned home last year. His parents supplied the Ipad, of course.

I'm surprised to hear that there was a chapel tour in your area. I thought the idea of meetinghouse tours never took off at all. While my nephew was on his mission, I don't think he ever did tours.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.