Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Anonnynonon ( )
Date: June 29, 2016 08:16PM

So, I follow a large number of Mormon friendly wedding vendors (dressmakers, photographers, etc) on social media and I have a pet peeve I need to vent:

So often I see pictures in front of the temple where there is absolutely no way a bride is wearing her g's or if she is, they're fashion taped to her skin super tight.

What's up? Do girls by their dresses before their endowments and then go "Oh crap" and go g-less or do they go g-less to enhance the honeymoon? It's confusing and annoying!

*rant over*

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: minnieme ( )
Date: June 30, 2016 08:29AM

I made my daughter's wedding dresses, they didn't want to have to wear the weird covering that you have to wear if they don't meet with temple code.

They weren't what I would have chosen for wedding dresses but it wasn't my wedding so.

They were beautiful though.

I didn't go through the temple with them and it seemed to me that all the women wearing wedding dresses were pretty modest.

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: June 30, 2016 01:08PM

From what I've observed, many Mormon brides don't want to wear those weird coverings inside the temple, so they just wear a regular temple dress for the ceremony itself, and wear their modest wedding dress for the pictures outside of the temple and again at the evening reception. Thanks to the missionary ages being lowered, many brides are now RM's and have been to the temple for their endowments before the mission, so they know they have to cover their G's. I can assume they might also pin the sleeves back if the picture and reception dress didn't fully cover them.

Posted by: bordergirl not logged in ( )
Date: June 30, 2016 01:45PM

adoylelb Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "so they know they
> have to cover their G's. I can assume they might
> also pin the sleeves back if the picture and
> reception dress didn't fully cover them."

Sick!

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: June 30, 2016 02:28PM

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but...

Aren't most of the younger brides un-endowed before the "temple wedding?" If they haven't served a mission, they get their endowment (and their garmies) when they go in for their wedding. So putting on the wedding dress for photos *before* they go in, they're garmie-less.

Posted by: Rolled tacos on a sunday ( )
Date: June 30, 2016 06:22PM

They go a week or so in advance for endowments before a wedding

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: June 30, 2016 06:33PM

Rolled tacos on a sunday Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They go a week or so in advance for endowments
> before a wedding

Has that changed? I've been out for 35 years...
When my brother got married in the SLC temple way back then, his bride got her endowments, with my brother being the one to bring her through the veil, then they had the "wedding" (such as a mormon one is).

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: June 30, 2016 07:46PM

when a person gets their endowment before the wedding. My sister got her's the day of her wedding. I saw her shocked look afterwards, so I chose to get mine a week before my wedding.

My daughter was supposed to be getting married last fall. She bailed 4 days before the wedding. She hadn't gone through for her endowment yet. I'm fairly certain she was planning on doing it the same day.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.