Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: thatsnotmyname ( )
Date: July 04, 2016 11:15AM

J r posted again on her blog. It's an article about the same sex policy. She mentions Nelsons claim it was a direct revelation from God. I think that's great exposure and may cause some more cog dis for people. Your thoughts?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: July 04, 2016 11:24AM

As I understand it, LDS "revelation" is like the Pope's speaking "ex cathedra" (i.e. "infallible"). It makes for controversial theology, but is actually quite rare. There's more wriggle room than people realize.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: July 04, 2016 02:34PM

It's extremely rare in Catholicism, and may not happen even once during a Catholic's lifetime. I think that's why Catholics feel free to disagree with the Pope -- most of the time, he is speaking as a man.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: July 04, 2016 11:35AM

She has written very negatively of The Policy before. Those who follow her blog are well aware of The Policy, and those who don't are not likely to start because of this entry.

I think the vast majority of TBMs have never heard of Jana Reiss. Her post will have little affect on the sheeple.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.